How does Joshua hope to win rounds against Usyk, if he struggled against Povetkin?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luis Fernando, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Usyk is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Povetin! Why? Because he has SIGNIFICANTLY better footwork, faster footwork, better angles, better punch variation, better punch selection, better stamina, higher output, better feints, better jab and etc. Need I go on?

Usyk makes Povetkin look like an old bum. There are only a very few areas, if any, where Povetkin outperforms Usyk.

2. KO Artist

KO Artist Do not attempt to adjust your TV Full Member

Aug 29, 2018

fooookin' hell. You had Parker winning? Really? I don't think there was a single person, including Parker himself, who even made the argument that he won. You must be a real AJ hater to come out with that utter bullshite.

3. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Joshua doesn't need to outbox Usyk.

Usyk literally poses no threat of a knockout to Joshua.

Joshua can walk through his shots and finish him off with one of his flurries.

Aydamn likes this.
  4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Tell us why you hate Joshua so much? All you do is make threads against Joshua and Wilder like an idiot. Do you get paid to critique them? Who's your employer?

When Joshua beat's Usyk what will you say then?

When Joshua beats everyone... what will you say?

I don't understand your purpose on this forum except to troll.

reckless and Rockradar like this.
  5. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Luis did you see Povetkin's face after the fight, does that look like Joshua struggled?

Or did Povetkin walk into a door?

Never go #FullRetard Luis!

6. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Luis likes to complain about Povetkin being undersized. Povetkin could easily make cruiserweight, it's his own choice to fight at heavyweight, likewise with Usyk.

Aydamn likes this.
  7. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Wasn't Takam a late replacement opponent? Povetkin wasn't in his prime when he beat Takam. Anyone who has watched boxing at least a little bit knows that how fighter A on one night does against fighter B, has no bearing on how fighter A would do against fighter C. I'm not doubting Usyk, he's a talent, I'm just saying he hasn't done a damn thing at heavyweight for all this blind speculation.

Holler likes this.
  8. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    That's pretty insulting how u are talking about Povetkin. calling him "inferior" 39 year old "shot" fighter. He looked fast, and powerful. he just didn't have the stamina to go all 12 rounds. Usyk however, can go all 12 rounds with Joshua, and not get caught. he has that stamina. he can definitely get the 12 round UD

9. bowlingkid09

bowlingkid09 Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Good, I am glad we are both in agreement.

10. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Not from what I know! Takam was a replacement for Anthony Joshua though.

But the point I'm making, is that styles make fights and skills pay bills. Logic dictates that if boxer A struggles against an inferior skilled boxer, then he will struggle even more against a superior skilled boxer. This is just common sense!

You can't tell me Povetkin would do any better against Usyk, than how he performed against inferior skilled boxers in Carlos Takam and Ruslan Chagaev.

Povetkin was in his prime against Takam. Not sure what other 'prime' period you're referring to about Povetkin.

11. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    I'm sorry for not being a TOTAL fanatic / fanboy, who non-stop sings the praises of those boxers, in regards to everything they do, every action they perform and every move they make.

Constructive criticism is not hatred! The fact that I'm not praising them every second (like the way you perhaps do), doesn't mean I'm 'hating'.

I'm providing constructive criticism where the criticism is warranted.

I'm not a fanatic / fanboy of any boxer. And I apply criticism where it's warranted. And give praise, where it's warranted too.

If Joshua beats a prime Usyk LEGITIMATELY, then I'll give him more credit than for any of his other wins till date.

Yes, I did! I also saw a headbutt / head clash which caused that damage on Povetkin's face. Therefore, that damage is totally irrelevant in regards to Joshua's struggles with anything boxing related (head clashes / headbutts are not within the rules of boxing that warrants any credit).

Take some logic courses, AYDUMBO!

12. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Can you post footage of the head butt please for analysis.. thank you.

You are not providing constructive critiscism... and that is for a boxing trainer not random internet user such as yourself.

Anthony will beat Usyk the only question in what fashion will it be satisfactory for you?

We have all agreed Usyk is a better boxer... but AJ will beat him.on shee power and size coupled with ability too.

So you will say yeah AJ won by KO but lost on the cards to Usyk.so AJ never rwally won he got lucky... what if Usyk had moved better etc..

I already know the excuses you are.going to make because you are.predictable and consistent

13. IKSAB

IKSAB Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Most moderators would ban you for spewing this kind of racist trash but no our resident nazi @CST80 actually likes the post! Along with his little virgin KKK lounge buddies.

It's high time this loser lost his moderating powers.

14. Makuza

Makuza New Member Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    AJ may not be the GOAT but he beats everyone else this generation. It's exiting to watch AJ because he is flawed and your waiting for that explosion. When he let's rip he can knock anyone out. Else it's a boring 12 rounder

15. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    How about because I was talking to someone on the phone sitting in my computer chair looking at the screen out of the corner of my eye, tooling around saw a guy call AJ Juiceshua responding to you with your subtly race baiting Wlad post. Once again, never can miss an opportunity to attack a white fighter can you? I liked it, because I don't like AJ and I think he's on steroids. But I didn't bother reading any further because the post was descending into gibberish so I bailed. I guess that'll teach me a lesson to actually finish reading the posts I like eh? Its called an oversight. I don't devote 100% of my attention to being a moderator all of the time, while I should have been paying closer attention.... I am a real person with a real life, I do this voluntarily. So calm your ass down. The rest of the mods missed it as well, probably for the same reasons, some of you guys are boring, which causes us to drift mid post.

You're right, the last part of post was out of line and went too far, that was uncalled for, so he deserves a ban for that.

However I'm going to give you a warning, stop trying to bait people with your every post. Vary up what you talk about, because its becoming quite obvious you have a huge agenda IKSAB, a far bigger one that many of the people you constantly call out. It takes two to tango, your concern should be commenting on boxing, not riling everyone up who happen to like a white fighter. That's not a crime, if it were you're just as guilty as those you criticize, as I pointed out to you the other day.