How does Marciano beat

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by George Crowcroft, Apr 16, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Exactly, but I was talking about cruiser, Qawi was too slow at heavyweight, much slowerfisted than Marciano.

2. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Please attempt to compare Jersey Joe Walcott to Brewster or Sanders

Please make my day

3. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    True, Qawi would make it interesting until Marciano breaks him down.

4. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    He hasn’t got the bottle.

5. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Dude, if you really think Marciano, a small attrition puncher who at his best beat other small heavyweights thru continued battering, hit harder than Wlad you really live in a separate world... and it's not one that contains actual boxing. Have you ever asked anyone who was in the ring with Waldo how hard he hit? If not, and if you don't get the opportunity, you can read up on it.

ascended and Brixton Bomber like this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I agree on chin. Can't co sign power
    Also even if this was accurate Klitschko's size would seriously help him trading with Rocky, his extra reach would mean his punches connected first

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. GOAT Primo Carnera

GOAT Primo Carnera Member of the PC Fan Club Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Everyone here knows you just have to jack to Rocky themes. The question is if the obsession might mend, or illusionary mud cave in surpasses.

After stuff like this, how do you think is someone going to take you srsly?

That said, general heroism on Classics is common. Raging passion (for boxing) rarely faciliated in common sense.

8. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Name ONE attrition puncher that knocked out their opponents at a rate of four rounds? Name one that was under 6? Let alone an 88pct KO rate. All you experts seem to be avoiding that question. You people live in fantasy land. If Marciano wasn’t a power puncher then NO ONE WAS

9. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Hmmmm....strangely ironic that you would ask someone else this question.

10. GOAT Primo Carnera

Jan 28, 2018
    Lachbuster, even if it might sound arrogant or things, I´m indeed a friendly person. You should maybe calm down and call it day. Being a boxing fan on BF24 isn´t everying (fortunately!)

For example, there is Joe Frazier, who can punch, but is by many an attrition brake down force. KO-ratio: 84 %.

Do you see me comparing random 6' HWs to 81" reach 6'3" moving jabbers, maybe call 185lb boxing gods with twice the power of SHW W. Klitschko, or whats your problem in general?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  11. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    Frazier’s left hook was considered one of the most dangerous weapons in boxing history. Never heard him referred to as an attrition puncher not would I consider him one. I’ve said previously you can have a wear down /swarming style and still have one punch KO power. But many here refuse to believe he had one punch KO power...which is absurd considering his average KO rate and quickness of said KO

choklab likes this.
  12. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Marciano was primarily a regional circuit fighter for 2/3 of his career. That's how you rack up those percentages.

And no one is saying he wasn't a power puncher. But he is made out to be a guy who touches his opponent and they break in half. Against his best opponents, he had to break them down. Walcott 1, Charles 1 & 2, Louis, Moore... even the hapless Layne. He outlasted and outgutted, and yes, out gunned them.

And I will remind you... KO'ing elite 190 pounders is different than KO'ing elite 230 pounders. I know it hurts to read. But most guys who do that for a living will admit to it, all other factors being equal.

13. Gazelle Punch

Aug 15, 2018
    I would say all fighters when facing the best in there times last longer against power punchers otherwise they wouldn’t be the best...and that four round number doesn’t include ham and eggers those are ten round fights only
    And I certainly don’t think he has the hardest punch ever but I certainly think it’s hard enough to KO any man. Its splitting hairs really to try and judge punchers of that caliber but I’d say Liston Foreman Lewis we’re stronger punchers

14. GOAT Primo Carnera

Jan 28, 2018
    He got good power for his weight, but remember, after he won the title (including Louis too), he never koed someone before 8. Walcott 2nd calculated got up to late, 35s left in the round.
    So we have 8 for Louis and Charles, 9 for Cockell and 11 for LasStarza. Thats the quickest championchip material available. Not exactly Foreman, Tyson or LL type stuff, isn´t it?

15. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    He didn’t ask that did he? He asked how does Brewster and Sanders compare to Walcott?
    Brewster and sanders are better fighters? That kind of thing. Let’s see you answer that son.

Bet you can’t.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019