How does prime Wladimir Klitschko do today?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Dec 19, 2019.

1. BoxingDialogue

BoxingDialogue Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
  2. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Well there's certainly more competition these days than when he ruled the division.

If he fought everyone of the top 10 - 15 from this era vs back then he would have more losses on his record.

3. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Like the Sam Peter fight, would have been knocked down 3 times by the blob Ruiz, but gobbled up in the 12th.

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Way better competition today imo, guys with real killer instincts and big powerful frames.. more even playing field

farai, jaytxxl, shavers and 5 others like this.
  5. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Well.
    Every HW today has a major flaw of some sort, especially the belt holders.

6. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    He will do pretty much the same how he did in his time....

7. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    He'd have no physical advantages over Joshua, Fury and Wilder. Jab and grab would not work at all on these guys.

shavers, Keleneki, farai and 4 others like this.
  8. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I wouldn't be quick to count Wlad out against any of them. I do believe Fury would always likely be a tricky style match-up for him, but I think Wlad matches up well against the other top guys like AJ, Wilder, Ruiz, Ortiz, Whyte, and Usyk, too. That's not to say that one of those guys couldn't necessarily win against prime Wlad, but by and large I think those styles matches could work in Wlad's favor.

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    I think the Klitschko pre Steward would actually do better against the big three than the jab and grabber he later became.

10. herbzg

herbzg Euro-Level Athlete Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Wladimirs level of competition was completely laughable. Guys like Brock, Pianeta, Peter, Johnson, Chambers. Klitschko defended against fat journeyman Tony Thompson, who was a part time boxer, not once, but twice. His competition consisted of out of shape midgets. Guys like Joshua, Wilder, Dubois , Fury were non existent in the heavyweight division. Klitschko got manhandled by Joshua and comprehensively outboxed by Fury. His style is not effective on a level playing field.

11. reckless

Mar 18, 2018
    To be fair, he was very old when he fought Joshua and Fury. If he was in his early to mid 30s I'm sure he would have won those two fights.

12. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    He'd dominate, even Usyk has it hard with him. Guys like Whyte and Chisora get stopped, Fury is awkward but his chin swallows something he cant handle, same with AJ. Parker imo stands the best chance with his chin movement and fast hands

13. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Prime Klitschko destroys Joshua, but Joshua has a puncher's chance, naturally. Seriously, he was 40 and almost won that fight. People forget what age does because of PEDs and people like Pac and Marquez.

Prime Klitschko KO's Wilder but Wilder has a bigger puncher's chance than Joshua, he could well snipe Wlad like Sanders did.

Prime Klitschko might find Fury and stop him, but Fury might still outbox him. This one is harder to determine.

Prime Klitschko obliterates all of these other B listers like Parker, Ruiz, Whyte and so on. He already pole-axed Pulev.

People need to go see the KO highlights and remind themselves about the power if they think Wlad just gets beaten now. He has power like Wilder but in both hands, plus elite boxing skills. There's nobody like that now, only Fury can out skill him maybe, but can't destroy him.

14. reckless

Mar 18, 2018
    I dont think his power was on the same level as Wilder. He landed many hard shots on Peter in the first fight and still didnt drop him once.

15. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    His left hook in the 12th round hurt Peter much more than numerous right hands from Wilder ever hurt Duhaupas

brown-bomber, northpaw and Rumsfeld like this.