How does the Classic Forum Rate Pacquiao in an all-time P4P sense?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Nov 15, 2009.

1. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    I would like to say that i rate Mayweather's win over De La Hoya more than what i've seen others do.

2. bodhi

bodhi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Generally, I like your lists, very much on the point most of the time :good

3. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    Mosley would stop Ortiz at 135 though, just too much power.

4. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    I want to see what Manassa has to say to that. If he thinks that Ortiz actually has a chance against Shane Mosley h2h at 135 pounds then i'm afraid my respect for him as a poster has fully departed.

Modern day nutrition mate, modern day nutrition.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Oscar DeLa Hoya hasn't impress me in years. What is it that makes him so impressive going in to the Dec.2008 fight with Pacman, apart from his size ?
    Surely not beating Steve Forbes ? Maybe a win over Mayorga 2 1/2 years previously ? (..... and Mayorga was no longer anyone special to beat).

Dont mention the Mayweather thing again, that was a joke of a "fight". A fraud.

Yeah, those were interesting factors. Just not enough to justify people saying "Oscar kills him", or anything like that, IMO.
    I'm not going to apologise for thinking Pacman would beat him before it happened, or for thinking the size thing not an overwhelming factor. I gave Pacquiao full credit.

Pacquiao's a great fighter, no question.

6. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    Okay i was ****ing around with that Mosley ****, doing a McGrain on Manassa. Looking for a response but i've got to go out now. So that was ****.

When have you ever seen me string the words 'modern, day, nutrition' together in a post??!! Haha

7. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Oscar still had pretty good speed and a nice lefthook. Why was the ODLH fight a fraud? I thought it was fairly legit, and a lot of people felt ODLH was competitive against the worlds P4P best. I didnt, but a lot of people did. The way Manny beat ODLH was a lot more impressive and one sided compared to Floyd as well.

8. Manassa

Manassa - banned

Apr 6, 2007
    I didn't see it :lol:

9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    The DLH-Mayweather thing they didn't really fight.
    They made sure no one got hurt or bruised in there. :lol:
    Y'know, they like to look good in the post-fight photos.

It was an exhibition at best.

10. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Yea and I bet you picked Douglas over Tyson too. What a bull**** artist you are

11. PowerPuncher

Jul 22, 2004
    Would be easier to judge this if Ortiz fought Napoles

Shane was a freak of nature at 135 aswell with all that speed and power. But in a way its not quite fair setting up a final fantasy fight with someone who uses/abuses the 24hour weigh in system to come in the ring at 160lbs in LW fight, all things being equal he wins

12. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    You'll see i was only kidding there PP.

13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007

It's fair if you have the weigh in 4 hours before the fight. Mosley can make it, Ortiz can make it, so they can do it. It's only unfair if Mosley is allowed 24 hours to gain the weight. Weigh in at 4, fight at 8.

14. PowerPuncher

Jul 22, 2004
    Not really because Mosley would be at deaths door in the ring, he really needs a day to put the fluids back into his body. Make the fight at 140 with same day weigh in, Mosley still wins for me without the size advantage

15. teeto

Oct 15, 2007
    And Ortiz wins.