How far away is lomachenko from being above floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Could you chat any more shite? Do you want to explain the context behind everyone of his fights rather than just highlight a name? There's zero depth to Floyd fan's analysis of his resume.

Corrales was an overhyped slugger made about to be elite by Floyd nuthuggers.

Gatti - trash to begin with, small and was coming to the end of his career.

Judah- relied too much on his speed and had 3 or 4 losses at this point. Match before Mayweather he lost to 35 year old sex offender in Baldomir, was flattened earlier in his career by Tszyu and lost his subsequent fight after Mayweather.

De la Hoya: visibly past prime and aged 34...still made it a very competitive fight with close scorecards.

Hatton : brought a natural 140lber beyond his weight class to fight at 147. Real brave stuff here.. Champion material

Marquez: 36 year old

Mosley: 38 year old.. Come one now are you not seeing a trend.. Hurt Mayweather at one point

Cotto: decentish win.. That said Cotto may have been early thirties but was not in his prime (mid late 2000s)

Maidana: decent wins but very arguably lost one of them

Canelo: good win, people like to claim he was young but he had 42 and had beaten Trout (granted Trout has subsequently shown isnt actually that good). Canelo outright should have lost the fight with Lara. He should have also lost to a 35/36, visibly slower Golovkin, twice.

Pacquaio: disgraceful both past prime and just all round pointless fight. Pacquiao has gained some decent wins after but these wins are mainly an inactive Thurman and Broner (lmao).

You saying "Floyd beat 23 champions" as a positive totally minimises all the bull**** context that make him a piece of **** cherrypicker.

2. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I didn't realize "provide context" translated into rewriting history with the most biased point of view imaginable

Pimp C and young_wolverine like this.
  3. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Your idea of bias is any valid logical criticism against Floyd. Good job you're easily fooled by a fraud

4. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    Lol what Man you just hate Floyd? These are all nitpicks these were goddamn world champions in the goddamn hall of fame Multiple weight and multiple-time world champion its incredibly insulting to these fighters. Pacquiao was the one ducking Floyd because he refused to be drug tested in 2010. Floyd didn't fight Margarito because he was a known cheater who was found putting goddamn plaster in his gloves. Most of these fighters continued their career after they lost to Floyd and won more world titles. What fighter can you name that has beaten as many world champions as Floyd? What fighter can you name that has beaten more HOF Fighters than Floyd? What fighter can you name that has beaten more ATG fighters than Floyd?
    Why do you have such a massive hate boner for the guy lol. Im not really a fan of Floyd outside the ring but on Resume alone he has to be in your top 5 and that's even if you massively downplay his achievements. YDKSAB man smfh lol.

5. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    You think saying diego corrales was nothing more than an overhyped slugger hyped up by Floyd fans is logical criticism? Were you even old enough to remember it? Hard to claim that's unbiased. Especially considering Loma lost to Salido who was literally a crude slugger that wouldn't have even been one of Floyds top 10 wins

6. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, looks that since end of 50 ies till before 80 ies this had played very big role.
    Patterson: Olympic Gold medalist, pro boxing champion.
    Ali : Olympic Gold medalist, pro boxing champion.
    Frazier and Foreman : Olympic Gold medalists, pro boxing champions.
    Ofc there were: before Patterson Rocky, then Liston, late 70 ies: Holmes.
    Then also despite not gold medalist: Holyfield, now recently Wilder.
    Lennox Lewis, W. Klitschko : Olympic Gold medalists.
    DLH and Ward with their success stories in pros: Olympic Gold medalists.

Since 80 ies had started looks that yes, you are correct.
    Still if there high level success in world class tournaments under amateur rules, looks that this still might impact pro career start a lot.

7. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Yeah this is not "rewriting history". I genuinenly believe some of you have no understanding of what you're watching.

8. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    I read the first paragraph (if you want to call it that) and I couldn't read anymore. Just pure dumbassery that yet again ignores context

9. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    None of this guaranteed professional success.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    Spoken like a true delusional idiot. No one understands what they're watching. Was the boxing world at large confused about corrales as well while you sat at home quietly seeing the real truth? I'll ask again were you even old enough to speak on this first hand. It sounds like your not

11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Of course you mandatory should do only pro fights since your first boxing fight.
    This will be better career for you.

I do not have doubts that posts in forums too warrants more secure professional career than fighting in the ring.

12. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    The deluded calling someone else deluded. Classic. You fit right into the category of the casual masses

13. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Can you try again, this time in something resembling proper English? I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. Richmondpete

Oct 22, 2015
    You mean the people not wearing tin foil hats in mamas basement? Guilty as charged

15. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    You haven't been watching the news for the last 20 years, I guess. Since you obviously missed it, this is now standard procedure.