How far away is lomachenko from being above floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    No he doesn't pbf would have never been dropped by the punch Linares hit him with. Lomas level of comp is not better than pbfs his best win is Gary Russell Jr. Who's not even as good as chico corrales ffs. Pbf is more accurate is a better counter puncher can fight at more ranges and has better defense.

2. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    When you beat the best fighter in each division who cares about unifying.
    130 hernandez chico
    135 jlc
    140 he did not
    147 pac
    154 canelo

Not only that pbf was always the man to beat and was lineal in 4 weights

Staminakills likes this.
  3. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: of course you would think that...

4. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Those are facts!

5. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Not gonna bother with your crap. Some guys prefer to unify, some just take a belt and run off...

6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Yes but if you beat the other best fighter at the weight and you're considered even better why bother? I care about unifying if a guy is only going to fight in only 1 or 2 weight classes but if not it's very time consuming to do that.

7. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Like i said...not gonna bother. Unification means something you just don't care about.

8. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Again with the defense that's all you FM pundits fall back on. Yea I'm sure he wouldnt have gotten dropped by that shot because the man takes NO Chances never did. Hell when Maidana started roughing him up a big it Floyd held cried complained until poor Maidana couldnt even get close to Floyd befor one of his many house refs broke it up. Loma does #### Floyd never saw befor

Abysswalker and Forza like this.
  9. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Offense sells tickets but defense wins championship but No it's not i go back to ring iq which is perhaps his best attribute. He can also fight on the inside better than loma. Loma got roughed up by a far less accomplished fighter than maidana but the difference is he lost and a faded pbf won.

BTW I've never seen loma throw and land 3 consecutive straight right hands like I saw pbf do against ndou the level of difficulty of that is off the charts. I've never seen loma throw a pull counter then duck the incoming counter loma can't do that pbf has done that numerous times in his career. You want to talk about stuff you've never seen in the ring do you really want to go there?

10. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Your talking 2 completely different styles. Loma is an offensive oriented fighter with physical attributes that in some instances havent been seen befor. Floyd is a safety first shoulder roll or whatever your name for it is. He doesnt even do it as good as Georgie Benton who stood ring center and didnt resort to holding and grabbing.
    Look u asked I answered. Ur a Floyd guy ok good for you. I'm not. Personally I think Loma has a higher more complex skill set and that's all there is too it. Loma goes after the best Floyd went after them when they were past it plain an simple.

iii and The Real Lance like this.
  11. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Floyd's blazing handspeed was his biggest asset IMO. He's maybe 3/4th the boxer w/o it.

12. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf at 130 and 135 and 140 was more offensive he threw in combination and beat peclotted. Where have you been? You like most people talk about the older pbf fighting at his highest weight classes 147 and 154 he became much more defensive because he was fighting bigger men. It's like he has two styles and almost two careers each one was brilliant. You bring up maidana lets see loma in his 4th weight class past his prime at 37 and lets see how he looks. Pbf can't fight everyone I sure didn't see loma trying to fight pac when he called him out. Also blame pac for the pbf fight not happening earlier he's the one who turned down testing and pulled out of talks and ran off to fight clottey.
    Lastly like I said we've never seen loma do a pull counter or throw 3 consecutive straight right hands all of which landing and yes I realize he's a southpaw and it would be 3 consecutive left hands.

13. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
  14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf had amazing timing wtf are you talking about? He also had amazing defense and a brilliant boxing mind. I can't believe you just posted that garbage above. Zab Judah blazing handspeed was his biggest asset without it he would have been a complete bum. Big difference there do you see that? Pbf is a complete fighter guys like zab weren't he was also a mentally weak unlike pbf who was mentally strong.

15. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    all floyd does is pot shot, slide on the ropes, and when his opponent gets in close and makes it rough his ref comes and saves him and resets them apart