How far can O'Hara Davies really go.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree with this. I think he needs to develop a plan B & C for when plan A (trying to land big bombs) doesn’t work. There were small patches last night when Farrell made him miss and a better fighter would have made him pay with a counter like Taylor did.

I do like him, he’s as daft as a brush.

Just seen the post from @Amazing one who nails it on head.

lencoreastside likes this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Still very clear he has all the flaws that Taylor exposed so I just don't get the hype.
    Only way he win a world title is if we get a Charles Martin type situation or he gets an easy vacant match up.
    Euro level fighter at best.

3. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    What makes you think he has a low ceiling? Not htateuro level is low,...
    Can't he develop and improve?
    Why not?

4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    He can probably get to Euro level based on his power/awkwardness alone.

He is always going to struggle against slick boxers like Taylor.

5. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    May win a title at European level but he'll never be true world class.

6. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Hi Ohara

Blah likes this.
  7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    any good fighter with decent skills beat him that footworks terrible

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Tbf to ohd he did say after the fight that he needs a lot of work still. I do feel that a better aplication of the basics plus a better all over defemce would vastly improve him. And maybe get him to world class.
    Whilst everyone on here is pointing out that taylor gave him a boxing lesson? It wasnt as one sided as the one he gave farrell last night.
    Ohd was still in that fight imo vs taylor. Its a shsme he didnt believe it himself

lencoreastside likes this.
  9. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Difficult to believe when every mistake is being punished & every strong point neutrilised. Taylor had more gears, his team alluded to that post fight. OD had nothing left, body work was breaking him & his will. He was never really in the fight.

Odins beard likes this.
  10. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Agree with you saying OHD needs a better application of the basics, he's got good power but at the top level I still feel hell be found wanting.

I hope I'm wrong and he comes back strong and improved as any world class boxer for Britain is a great addition.

Have to say I disagree regarding the Taylor fight, I thought Taylor handled him easily.

11. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Hes found his level fringe domestic, too many flaws slow footwork ,wild and clumsy ,decent power at lower level and long arms are the postive attributes...would be a achivment for him if he won the British title

12. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    OD not a natural athlete unlike Antony Yard both lack AM experince but one looks alot more polished and one looks a total novice

13. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Instead of slating and telling him what he dosent have,focus on what he's good at,not every boxer can be Floyd Mayweather,where they are polished and good at everything.Like it or not,O Hara,Taylor,Yarde,Dubois,Yafai etc are the next batch of British Talent in Boxing.Hopefully they all do well or the cubans,Americans,Russians will dominate completely,as they will always be able to produce talent given they put a lot of emphasis on making sure their amateurs have 100 plus fights and if they dont cut it,they are let go,they have a head start,as they become more experienced with different styles and are more polished.Uk System very different,we should be grateful our boys can still match most and put up a good fight.

14. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    aslong as ohara stops pretending hes the best fighter on the planet, then you right we can stop slagging him opff.

15. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    He seems very robotic to me
    Same thing same shots
    For some reason and I don't mean personality but level wise small springs to mind
    Although I preferred the humble od to the minimum wage spouting nob