How far can O'Hara Davies really go.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    People are forgetting Taylor is a skilled,advanced boxer for his age,miles on the clock.His amateur career was that of a Eastern European Fighter where he got a lot of experience,which i think Uk fighters should follow that template,as Josh taylor showed the rewards are worth it.O Hara is a baby in the game,but always still had that power shot waiting,but the difference was in technical skills which sealed the fight,due to his amateur background.

2. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    OD should probably be moved at slower pace for 4-5 fights, won't happen as he wants to make money. I watched OD-Farrell a few times over last two days & in first round until knock down you could still see his limitations & how good movement can off set him. Looking at the fight again, he wasn't that impressive. I like him though, hope he continues to improve.

3. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Naw. East to overwhelm a certain level but as soon as he steps up he will be found out. Taylor. Boxing is about levels.

4. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    OD is what Yanks call a club fighter ,the lads just awful skill wise ...

Sergey Shubenkov and 305th like this.
  5. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Lol

Scissors and Sergey Shubenkov like this.
  6. Sergey Shubenkov

Sergey Shubenkov Remember banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2018
    I thought you'd have more knowledge than that Alex. OD is not even Euro level.

7. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Think the loss to Taylor has affected his psyche and f*cked him up

Jurgen and Smudge_ like this.
  8. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Anywhere but a boxing ring. As I said on another post, his attitude stinks.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I stated in post you quoted that a good technician could beat him & he had a chance against all other 140 domestically outside Taylor. Well, Catterall is the 2nd best UK 140 & it was close.

OD is awful technically but he beats the likes of Nurse/Foot. I certainly never claimed he was the 2nd coming like plenty of others, I didn't see him vs Taylor 50-50 like a lot of others. Who else in the UK could box at the level Taylor/Catterall produced 'skill' wise VS OD? Nurse, Easton, Foot? He's not good but even a technical sound fighter like Catterall kept it cagey, because OD can punch, has long arms & is very awkward.

But anyway, he's done at any decent level.

Holler, destruction and Twentyman like this.