How far could Kell Brook have gone

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Beouche, Feb 17, 2020.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I forget, maybe the 11th but ref ruled no knockdown which probably cost Ugas the fight.

2. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Put it this way: at his peak, Kell Brook was great enough and special enough to be one of the top 3-4 fighters in 3 separate - but ****ing LOADED - weight classes at the same time. He lost to GGG and Spence, but even in defeat was highly competitive and showing signs of being a level ahead here and there until both stoppages - which were against his will. GGG and ****ing Spence. As in 2 of the starting 5 on the p4p dream team. Haha ya he was ok, nothing special but might win a playground fight or 2 at recess.

3. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    This is a public service announcement. Drugs are bad. You have to be on drugs to honestly believe that GGG beats Hagler and Monzon.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  4. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    THIS.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    .... or maybe i've watched a lot of each of them and have come up with that conclusion

I also have a different stance on drugs than you do, but that's neither here nor there

6. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    considering sturm's entire career was based on dodging the main players, i'm not sure why you would even want to mention him in much more esteemed company.
    golovkin was actually in sturm's stable at one point wasn't he?
    and still sturm wouldn't fight him.

that man was one of the most embarrassing paper champions in living memory.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    So what as it was not a competitive fight which Porter won easily. No one doubts Broner’s talent but talent without application and hard work does not cut it in this game.

8. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    I think he stayed at 147lbs too long. He has to cut too much weight to make 147lbs. At 154lbs he can still win a title and hang with the best. I'm sure GGG took something out of him though. Remember Kell beat Shawn Porter.

9. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    The best Middleweight since Hagler who's biggest win is against a Welterweight, right?. :lol: I hear he's also begging Pacquiao for a payday these days. Can't blame him when he has idiots like you roaring him on for his farce affairs.

10. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    The idea that GGG changed him forever is overblown. He didn't take a sustained beating he got iced quick yes he broke his orbital bone but many have and have gone on to fight another day. He's simply not good enough to compete above 147

11. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    It's all ifs and buts, he was legitimately one of the top ww at the time but he still might not have been the top dog if he didn't fight GGG. One thing is for sure, he would not have been an easy fight for anyone at 147.

12. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    IMO Kell should of maybe gone with another trainer and mixed it up a bit
    but obviously localities

13. lloydturnip

lloydturnip Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    About as far as he got .not bad too static and ate alot.of shot s.

14. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    With regards GGG it's hard beating people when they won't fight you until you're 40 because they know you're a straight monster who would have taken the likes of Kalambay's head clean off and knocked it in to the rafters of the stadium.

Brook could've been very very good at either 147 or 154. One of the worst decisions of any recent boxer Brook going up against GGG.

15. george14

george14 Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2020
    I see your point but Porter arguably beat Spence and has faced MUCH tougher opposition. I'm not sure Spence is that far ahead of Porter especially if they faced the same opponents.