how far down your fav fighters of all time list before you reach a non ATG

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Barrera, Oct 2, 2013.

1. oldcanvasback

oldcanvasback Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I love Winky Wright so much I'd marry him.
    I have no idea if he's considered ATG.
    If he's not then my answer is Winky Wright.

emallini likes this.
  2. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    You think Whyte can become a ATG?

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Should he KO Wilder, Fury, Ruiz and Usyk. Yes

Do I think he does? No

4. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Nigel Benn. Does he get on to the ATG list? Im not sure he does. but he is my favourite fighter of all time.

Jacko and George Crowcroft like this.
  5. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Fernando "el feroz" Vargas.

I was a BIG fan, and I still am, actually.

6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Him and Bobby Chacon create the Greatest feasible fantasy fight of all time.

7. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Gatti, Salido, and Chacon are pretty high on my list of favorite fighters but not ATGs.

8. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    It is ridiculous how much people talk about the term atg on here. That term is just a fabrication of your little, wanna be tought, keyblade warrior universe.

9. Hookie

Hookie Affeldt... Referee, Judge, and Timekeeper Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Gatti is a Hall of Famer though. I liked Micky Ward just as much and you know he will never get inducted. I was a fan of Buck Smith and Kevin Pompey as well. I liked Charles Brewer, Thomas Tate, Iran Barkley, David Tua, and a lot of non-greats.

10. Hookie

Hookie Affeldt... Referee, Judge, and Timekeeper Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Saunders has the potential, not Whyte. Whyte is fun to watch though.

Ezzard Charles is top 5 all-time in my opinion. Youngest fan? I was aware of Ezzard Charles' greatness pretty much my entire life because he was one of my father's favorite fighters. So, in elementary school I was an Ezzard Charles fan. I started kindergarten in 1979.

11. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol: What?
    Well ain't you all high and mighty. You can stick that superiority complex of yours right up your tight virgin bumhole.

Btw, that term/variations of it, have been around since before the first keyboard was sold.

12. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    Maybe in the english speaking world, nobody in latin america or former soviet union talks about that crap. Its only those american morons and a few other english speakers that talk hours about that ****. Thats why there are hardly any good americans out there. Like nobody gives a fuk who sugar ray robinson is in russia.
    No problem to use that term from time to time but the way you guys use it, as if there is any commission that announces you with that.

13. ertwin

Aug 2, 2016
    Maybe in the english speaking world, nobody in latin america or former soviet union talks about that crap. Its only those american morons and a few other english speakers that talk hours about that ****. Thats why there are hardly any good americans out there. Like nobody gives a fuk who sugar ray robinson is in russia.
    No problem to use that term from time to time but the way you guys use it, as if there is any commission that announces you with that.

14. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    So they are morons for looking at things from a different perspective?
    Maybe one should care about who Ray Robinson was. Maybe it's a good thing to talk about the likes of Pep, Locche, Armstrong, Moore, Benny Leonard?
    Boxing has a very deep and rich history, only a fool would choose to ignore it.

And while USA's boxing scene might not be what it once was, it is not because of them talking about past fighters. It has a lot to do with the amateur scene and the local gym scenes. USA has had a lot of gyms close since the 70s.
    Of course there are other factors as well, such as new emerging sports and a shift in what's popular.

15. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Dave Allen is an interesting choice

Each to their own but I have never understood his popularity?

He isn't an entertainer in or out of the ring, boring as watching paint dry
    Not skillful at all
    Thick as pig ****
    Seems to be an emo, always a whinging ****
    He is like Tony Bellew in the way 1 minute he talks the truth that he's barely domestic level (Bellew is 100x more talented, nek minute he thinks he's a world class talent lol