How good is Derek Chisora?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by HellSpawn86, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    My point was pretty much this:
    His career has had many ups and downs, and since the Haye fight, we have heard that his career is done for. But here he is once again: a big fight and a possible title shot.

5 bucks says that Chisora will bounce back once more after Usyk dismantles him.

eltirado and HellSpawn86 like this.
  2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Yeah, certainly wouldn't surprise me :thumbsup:

eltirado, HellSpawn86 and Badbot like this.
  3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Seen a lot of Chisora and there is nothing I have seen in him that tells me he can beat Usyk. I have no doubt that Chisora is in the best shape of his life. But when you talk about elite level skills, feet, mobility, ring IQ etc the difference between these guys is like night and day. Usyk all day long for me and twice on Sundays. There are at least 9 ways to beat Chisora and we don’t know that Usyk can be beaten yet. Interesting point to note is when Chisora has been knocked out cold it was the left hand left hook that did the damage and in the 2nd fight with Tyson Fury , Fury did him as a southpaw.

4. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Exactly.
    Yet many on boxing forum will call a borderline top 50 fighter a "bum". That makes just about all of us, I include myself, a bum :thinking:
    I don't think that's fair to a fighter like Chisora or many of us.

I don't know what the typical poster here has done w/their lives. But I know Chisora - who's acted like a complete ass at times - has had a good career as a fighter.

eltirado and HellSpawn86 like this.
  5. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    It's a shame that level of disrespect. Can bet a lot of those who call fighters bum are ones who make a HUGE fuss about P4P or only care for established champs.

kirk, iii, eltirado and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Looks like he's ready to fight. Should be good tomorrow.

This content is protected

7. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I’ve got a lot of time for Chisora, love his attitude.
    Usyk is obviously the strong favourite here but I can’t help but think this is a dangerous fight for him, an upset wouldn’t surprise me.

iii, eltirado and HellSpawn86 like this.
  8. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    he's a gatekeeper, but a good honest one.
    Won't take a dive, won't stop trying

9. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yes It is this because you will have to be used to be strong.
    Majority of diligent boxers never in their life will reach TOP 50.
    It is hard and difficult road trough fear, sweat, doubts and sufferings.
    For forums TOP50 might be just a bum.

eltirado likes this.
  10. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Bum is relative. Nobody includes themselves in the bum equation, Unless you’ve spent years trying to climb the boxing ladder. Nobody says “that guy is a bum compared to me”.

eltirado likes this.
  11. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Del Boy is a better then average journeyman. Better then average meaning he’s there to be beat but will be a live dog the whole fight and you’ll have to really earn the win.

12. fcb1068

fcb1068 Active Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Good question. I stopped watching Chisora after he got knocked out by Haye, or was it after he survived 12 rounds with Vitali. When I watched him his aim seemed to be to come into the ring as light as possible (around 16 stone). Nowadays he seems to want to come in as heavy as possible (around 18 stone). I really have no idea if he has improved or regressed since I stopped watching him. I would have liked to see Wlad put him to sleep though.

13. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Hes a solid, respectable Gatekeeper, imo.

14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    He has ducked no one , he always gives his 100% & when it gets rough N Tough Del Boy hangs in there til the end......Sure he'll probably lose , but like a man & a warrior ...there wont be any heavy suits to blame or loaded glove complaints here...total respect