How good was Marvin Hart?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Greb & Papke 707, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Tonto62

Tonto62 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Dr Z You need to give a source for a quote ,that's pretty much universally accepted anywhere.You haven't done that in fact I dont think you ever have! Jeffries would not defend his title against a black man and he was just about as open on that as he could be ,he made dozens of public statements to that effect. This is the issue you are being taken to task on. Everyone knows Johnson beat Flynn handily without losing a round, even the referee said Flynn was looking to foul out to save himself from a ko.
    I cant believe you really think Flynn was in with any kind of a chance of winning that fight,so why you make such preposterous statements is a mystery.
    Johnson defended his title against a black challenger Battling Jim Johnson.Jeffries refused to defend against Martin,McVey, and Johnson, Instead he fought old champions coming out of retirement and dubs such as Finnegan and Munroe.Fitzsimmons said of Munroe, before he fought Jeffries," he is a 3rd rate dub".
    Joe Jeannette is the last person on earth who should be pointing the finger of disloyalty to one's own race.
    He along with Langford were two of Jeffries biggest boosters before the Johnson fight, loudly proclaiming Jeffries would slaughter Johnson ,This at a time when Johnson was the first black man to ever hold the title,had been shot at at his training camp,had daily death threats and could have done with some moral support from his fellow blacks. Two very jealous assholes who picked against their own race and were made to look very foolish whenJeffries got the beating he richly deserved.
    Neither of them had a good word to say about Johnson and both told wildly exaggerated tales about their respective weight against him Langford claimed he was a welterweight in one interview, and that he knocked Johnson down which was a total lie ! Jeannette claimed he was 165lbs in his last fight with Johnson another bare faced lie ! Johnson owed that pair nothing .
    Jeannette trained Jim Braddock to defend against Joe Louis too.He should have kept his stupid mouth shut!
    Johnson paid for Sam McVeysfuneral and campaigned for civli right leaders and liberal politicians .
    When did Jeannette or Langford ever stick their heads above the parapet to help fellow blacks?
    They were content to walk the **** walk and play the Uncle Tom role and that's why white Americans, like one I could mention, prefer them to Johnson! Because they were good ******s who knew their place!
    I can just see Jeannette or Langford as champion defending their title against Jack Johnson the man who had beaten Jeannette several times and floored him multiple times in doing so.The man who had beaten up Langford flooring him twice for long 9 counts and breaking his nose.Yes I'm sure both of them would have been in a rush to defend their title against him!LOL

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    This is confirmed in Pollacks excellent books on Johnson and Jeffries.Jeffries was very dissapointed with his purse for the Munroe fiasco and realising the only man who could draw a big gate with him was Johnson he retired.
    "When there are no more white challengers left to fight I will retire .I will not take a chance on losing my title to a black man" .James J Jeffries

3. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    What other fights did Jeffries have to take Finnegan, Munroe?Were these more deserving challengers than Martin,McVey, and Johnson? Jeffries was offered good guarantees to defend against both Martin and McVey he ignored them, this is not even debateable.

4. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    This content is protected
    , just come out already! Your alts are a running joke. I'm not even going to bother reply to your alts anymore unless you say something really stupid which happens often.

Try arguing with Senya who does his own research on what the people are ring side said. Johnson was in the lead for sure over Flynn. Who cares the fight had 30+ rounds to go and they say he was tiring.

Enough, Langford was 20 years old and 156 pounds when Johnson beat him, Johnson had no sack at all to face him when he was 170 or more, in fact we all know he pulled out of a signed contact. in 1909! For shame. By the way both the French press and Langford say Johnson was down in their first fight. Hard to tell, but they said it.

Jeannette was avoided too while Johnson was champion.

As for Baltting Jim Johnson he was close to stoping Jack Johnson in 10 rounds. The judges for the event, which knew Jack Johnson was the show voted as follows. 1 for Batlting Jim, the other two draw.

PS: Are you ever going to tell us the purses, you said you know. Your hiding only underscores what most already know. Come out of your cyber closet already.

5. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Jeffries was offered a good guarantee to defend against McVey after Mcvey beat Denver Ed Martin ,he ignored it as he had ignored Martin's challenge. The reason Jeffries retired is if he had remained, the pressure to fight Johnson was becoming so overwhelming he would have been forced to fight him,Pollack has numerous editorials in his biographies from newspapers asking why Jeffries would not defend against Johnson and condemning him for not doing so. " The Color Line Does Not Go Any More," etc.
    Jeffries was plenty worried about Johnson who had been turning up at every title defence he made and challenging him from ringside!
    After stiffening Jeffries brother ,Johnson looked down at Jeffries seated rigside and said," I can do this to you too!"

6. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Still the racist hater.

7. Tonto62

Mar 26, 2011
    Battling Johnson was never close to stopping Johnson in fact the champion finished the stronger even with a broken arm my sources are Adam Polllack and Geofrey C Ward you as usual do not have one!
    Five months before drawing with injured Jack Johnson, Battling Jim beat Joe Jeannette!

Here is the account of Battling Jim against Langford 1918 a close fight in which Battling Jim knocked Langford down to lose a close decision.
    [url]http://senya13.blogspot.com/search/label/Battling Jim Johnson[/url]
    You will notice it is provided by Senya!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  8. Mark Taha

Mark Taha New Member Full Member

May 18, 2021

9. Mark Taha

Mark Taha New Member Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Perhaps Hart.had an on night and Johnson an off night. It happens. No film.of him?