How hard is Warren pushing for Guzman shot???

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Dunky sometimes you can come across as paranoid but I have to say just cause your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya .

Arthur European level ?........whoever believes that is fooling themselves .
    He's World class , alright not elite but A level World class .

I think a little more of Guzman than Dunky , although Dunky is right about Guzman's power and his suspect stamina nowdays he is till a very classy skilled boxer . I'd favour him over Arthur but I wouldn't totally discount the Edinburgh man .

Same against Soto , Soto would be a favourite but just as much as he can hurt someone he can be hurt himself and Arthur can punch .

Alex Arthur is going to prove a lot of people wrong before the end of his career , all he needs are the fights .

Too many people harp back to the Gomez loss , the Gomez loss made Arthur . Is Haye **** cause he lost to Thompson , is Barrera **** cause he lost to Junior Jones......****ing twice aswell .

Rafael Marquez stepped up to fight former World champion Victor Rabanales in his first fight . Obviously Marquez being stopped shows he just wasn't up to that class and will never amount to anything........woops , it turns out Marquez is one of the great Bantamweights of the last 25 years and a linear Super Bantamweight champion to boot .

2. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    you noticed the trouble Warren has pronouncing names right?

Joe Cal-saccy.
    Enzo Mac-relli.
    Matt Skellington.

3. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Michael Katsitis , World Tidal shot .

4. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    :lol: I was racking my brain as I knew there was another one, but got fed up and confirmed the post.
    Kadsitis.:lol:

5. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    :lol:

No worries Bigears my good man. I know i can be a paranoid android at times, but when I see some of the scottish lads taking a bit of hate I have to jump in. I almost feel like a mod, having to check on the scottish haters daily before they get out of control!

Anyway, onto your points, & you make a great one. You compare Alex Arthurs defeat to Gomez along with David Hayes to Carl thompson.

Both Arthur & Haye were hyped prospects who faced fighters regarded as 'past their prime' & both suffered shock losses, & both were KO'd in the 5th round! & then both went on to become european champions &both are on the brink of being world champions. Which proves that one defeat means nothing. Its how a fighter comes back from it that counts.

Good call Bigears.

6. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    So you dont like me whoever you are. Join the queue.

7. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    What I like about this thread is its bringing out some true feelings of what non scottish people on the British isles think of Scotland, & our fighters. Scottish posters if you are reading, remember this the next time you are being kind to the rest of the british fighters cos you feel we are one & the same. Cos when it comes to Scottish fighters you wont see much kindness in return. Ask yourselves why.

& that goes for the scottish Hatton fans who are quick to distance themselves from me when it suits.

Your boy Dunky is seldom wrong, cos hes always got his finger on the pulse. Its worth remembering the next time you lose faith in me cos I dont toe the party line;)

8. TAM83

TAM83 Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2006

You've never had the impulse to post before? well do us a favour and make sure the impulse doesn't return, coz if this is your contribution to the threads your better off just ****ing reading.

9. TAM83

Nov 6, 2006

How can he push Arthur for a shot when Guzman has a title defence coming up? How about putting some thought into a thread before starting one?

10. TAM83

Nov 6, 2006

I'm guessing this is why Calzaghe has had so few career defining fights?

11. TAM83

Nov 6, 2006

Why's that Achilles?

12. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Arthur beat himself against Gomez. He was fighting in his hometown of Edinburgh for the first time and wanted to put on a show and tried to slug with a slugger.

Arthur was hurt in the 1st rnd against Gomez and if you watch the fight you'll see he came out in the 2nd round and used his boxing skills to make Gomez look a bit limited but made the fatal mistake of reverting back to the slugging style in the 3rd.

Simpsons, I wont even get started on your post....gie yersell a shake laddie

13. finzwinz

finzwinz Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Hmmmmmm.

Do your teachers know you have sneaked onto a boxing website kid? Watch out you dont get detention......your puerility lacks any sort of banter wee man!

14. The Exile

The Exile FUBAR Full Member

Aug 17, 2004

You need a reality check!

On what evidence do you come to the inteligent outcome that "Guzman would ****in kill Arthur"

Against Gomez Arthur got careless and fought with his heart and not his head, since then he has improved a lot of things in his reportoire and whilst a fight against the overated Guzman would be hard it is certainly a winnable fight for Arthur and would get him great exposure.

15. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    It is Guzman who has been avoiding Arthur. He has openly stated that the does not want to fight him. I think it would be tough bout for Arthur but it is unfair to accuse Arthur of ducking a boxer who is himself not up for the bout.