How Heavyweight Prospects Stack Up In My Estimation From Great Right Down To Crappy.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Ingles Milkshakes

Ingles Milkshakes New Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2018
    LOL 'Best looking boxer ever' is a huge exaggeration. Gvozdyk is an excellent boxer but I wouldn't even have him in my top 10 current best looking- look at his ears, those are some weirdly shaped ears!!

Eddie Hearn said the girls in the Matchroom office are lovestruck any time Felix walks in.

Alvarez is probably the best looking ginger guy I've ever seen ha.

And about Tyrone Mckenna, I double checked and you're right I got that wrong that was a blunder haha gonna edit him out of my list now :lol:

Serge likes this.
  2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Incredible that only a year or so ago that Hugie Fury was being tipped for greatness albeit not by me.

Jamzy ⭐ likes this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You're a member of team Kessler is the best looking boxer ever aren't you? I'm a huge admirer of Mikkel's dashing good looks too and I do admit that a prime Kessler with those ice blue eyes, that chiseled jawline, breathtaking muscular physique and drop dead gorgeous smile does make it awfully close. And Kessler has those super cool tatts as well.

Nothing wrong with OG's ears at all, if you really want to see a pair of weird ears you should go and have a gander at Marcus ''Hit 'Em When They're Down'' Browne's ears. Now those are some weird ears.

Yeah I can well believe it, Cash's eyes are lush and he's got a real nice bod on him too.

Nothing attractive about Clenelo at all. Horrible little man inside and out.

:lol: Yeah I must confess I was bemused when I saw Mckenna

4. Ingles Milkshakes

Ingles Milkshakes New Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2018
    I'd have to really think about it for best ever looking boxer. But Kessler would be up there for sure, & Sergio Martinez, Oscar De La Hoya when he was young.

Serge likes this.
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

Prime Sergio was dreamy with a capital D

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Drawing with the first subpar decent opponent he's faced and it should have been a draw, isn't a good look. While its too soon to write it off, its looking more and more like I might be right.:deal:

7. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    It asked more questions then it answered actually... Perea is a tough order. But Tyrone dominated that fight... Perea just did not quit.

We'll see what happens if Tyrone picks a more established contender next in top 20 or 15.

Who knows maybe you will be right... and you can become like me... a master of predictions like with Dillian Whyte

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No, Tyrone rightfully eking out a SD that should have been a draw isn't dominating. And based on that performance, he might be at the losing end of a SD against a top 15-20 contender. He's skilled but, like with George Arias, who I really enjoy watching, his lack of power at the elite level and size will work against him. I doubt he'll ever hold a truly significant title.

9. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Wallisch just got exposed by Hammer, you can move him down to crappy :sisi1
    @CST80

Inglis_1 and CST80 like this.
  10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Maybe he won't hold a signficant title... but a regular title is within his reach.

And you have no way to assess his power... you get fighters like Perea that are just very durable... and fighters that just don't go down even when against legit power punchers.

So there is no basis for you scepticism on Tyrone Spong power...... we need more data... the answers are coming. I thought Tyrone boxed beautifully against a fighter with superior boxing experience.

11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Hey CST80, let's update the list and put Dubois right up there, and bring Gorman all the way from "Good/Really Good - Might End Up Being Great, or at least Top 10." to --> So So/Average - They'll Be Decent Journeymen.

12. Fawlty Powers

Fawlty Powers New Member banned Full Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Hrgovic, Makhmudov, Dychko, Jalolov, Sirenko, Teslenko, Yoka are the best HW prospects
    Dubois is decent he's better than I thought but I wouldn't say he's one of the best.

Plus obviously there's Usyk and Gassiev if you class them as prospects

13. hpsauce91

hpsauce91 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Serious question but what's the difference between prospect and untried.

Because Usyk isn't a prospect to me but is untried at heavyweight. He's an unified accomplished cruiserweight so I find it insulting to refer to him as a prospect.

Mind you just my opinion

14. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You know this stuff much better than I do but I don't see Gorman, after seeing him fight for the first time last week against Dubois, as anything special AT ALL. He may have been undefeated but his punches were technically awful. I would put Ajagba and Hrgovic at the top and Usyk in your second category.

15. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    This was a November 2018 post. Any chance for a July 2019 revision?