How is weights incorporated in Pacquaio's training?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Bokaj, Mar 5, 2011.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Your imagination... :huh If your wife does truely eat four times the amount of any man and doesn't gain weight then she defies the laws of physics. There's another option, which I think is most likely, you're severely over exaggerating like many people do, that or you're just outright lying for whatever reason. I suppose she could also weigh about 800lbs and 8000 calories a day is maintenance. Is she really that fat?

Here is my suggestion to you; go find a quote from one of my posts where I claim to be a boxing trainer, you won't find one, I've never claimed such a thing.

2. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I don't think he does, that's the problem.

3. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    All my polite well thought out posts are being shunned!

Just for the record:
    Power is the ability to produce a certain, usually large, amount of force in a small time frame, usually in less than a second.
    Hence why one-arm pullups and planches, not being exercises that produce sudden amounts of force, are not optimal for 'power' training.
    They will increase your 'power' in some other situations because your maximal strength will go up and this will have some carryover, but as I said not optimal.

4. Manassa

Manassa - banned

Apr 6, 2007
    See, now, apparently I said planches and one armed pull ups were the only way to build power. Or the best way to build power? And I think some are talking about punching power?

I never spoke about optimal power training so I suppose we're good.

I have a good idea actually, and this will be totally objective; try to do a planche push up, and tell me how hard it is. Generally, you'll find that perhaps only one in every hundred people can accomplish this, maybe less, because it requires such great strength and balance.

I'm interested mainly in why Virus thinks these wouldn't build power. I mean, I certainly couldn't do a planche before and actually struggled to perform a single psuedo planche push up a few months ago, but worked hard on getting it right. Purely a balance improvement?

5. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    How did you work this one out?

Who said this?

No specifically, no.

The only reason so few people can do them is because so few people train to do planches, only reason.
    There's no good reason to do them except show off.

So sad that you were shown to be wrong in other things you said so you feel the need to make me look wrong because of your ego. Let it go, mate, it's already been answered by multiple people.

6. Manassa

Manassa - banned

Apr 6, 2007
    This is nearly funny. I think it would be much simpler if you answered the question yourself (instead of relying on others); because, and I can quote this if you want, you said planches and one armed pull ups won't build power. Why is this, or did you not mean to say it?

No good reason to do planches, now that's not funny. One of the very best exercises known to man.

And don't pick me out on trivial points (an attempt to look like you're 'owning' me probably), answer the question.

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Not at all. One of the best exercises known to man? :rofl So that's why so few people bother doing them.... It's a good show of strength, like a front lever or human flag, but that's it.

Give up. Again, it's been answered. Get on with your life. I'm done with you.

8. No :patsch 98% of people CANT do them its not that they dont bother there extremley difficult and more impressive than someone squating a heavy weight which is something many people can do.

9. Manassa

Manassa - banned

Apr 6, 2007
    A good show of strength... So you must have to be very strong to perform one. Wasn't that my point? :lol:

Idiot. Difference between you and the people who answered your question is that you said they wouldn't build power at all. Because every farmer and his wife can do a planche :yep

The vast majority of your blokes down the gym can't do one though.

10. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I don't know a single guy that can do a planche or one hand pullup, its a very specific exercise that needs a lot of specific training and is much more suited to the lighter gentleman.
    All in all, a waste of time better used in other areas for someone trying to develop general strength, much like someone trying to learn olympic weightlifting properly to develop power. Especially for someone getting stronger for boxing.

Stick to the basics!

11. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    :patsch You really have no idea what you're talking about. Explain why "98% of people CANT do them". I can tell you why... they don't train to do them, not that it's impossible for them. Seeing as planches are entirely pointless and time-consuming (unless your a gymnast) 98% of people just don't bother to train them. Planches are a very specific movement. Strength is needed in a static position which near enough anyone in the world can build. Anyone can do a planche if they are dedicated to doing so.

12. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    :rofl

13. 98% of people cant do them because they dont train for them ? Maybe , but why dont they train because its too hard and they usually fail , a bench press is a specific movement also but every one can do a bench press without training , noone can planche without training ...

14. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    You're trying to take on somebody else's argument and argue something you have no clue about. Just stop.

I could train to do a planche, as could you, MrSmall, anyone. As long as you're dedicated you can do it. What don't you understand about that?

15. well no your the one with no clue , you dont believe a one armed pullup would build power , your a moron seriously