How is weights incorporated in Pacquaio's training?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Bokaj, Mar 5, 2011.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ok then, mate. Please give me an explanation of power then give the reasoning behind why one armed pullups build power. Then you can explain how to train the one arm pullup to develop this power.

2. im goin to bed , i will reply with an answer tommorow , i think this is fair considering you havent actually answered the question put to you which was why wont planches and one arm pullups build power ?

3. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Ok. You go try and find your answers on google. You still upset about the abs thread? That why you joined this thread, insulting me, siding with Manassa on an entirely pointless, irrlelvant debate which you have no clue about? :rofl

Good night.

4. find answers on google something im sure your a pro at ? my man im not 15 years old i will reply tommorow and shut you up on the subject for good mark my words , goodnight

5. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I thought you were going to bed? If you had time to sit there and wait for my reply then reply to that reply surely you had time to type a few lines to reply to my post above? Hmmmm. You really have no clue do you? :rofl

6. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Some serious fight to the death mofos in here, only responding to aggressive posts they feel the need to stand up to. It's fun to watch though!

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I just be trollin'. Bumpy seems a bit upset. Lol. Internetz be serius bizness!

8. MrSmall

Jan 2, 2006
    Weak card to play when you actually have a valid point!

9. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    What you mean?

10. MrSmall

Jan 2, 2006
    As in, if you have a valid point to raise, don't just say things like "internets serious biznis yo" when people disagree or in fact spout garbage, it discredits anything you are saying.

11. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Just saying, I really don't care about this debate in the slightest. I just find it funny to wind up certain individuals out of boredem. Bumpy is just Manassa's clueless sidekick. He likes to jump in, attempting to argue on the other side against me in every thread even when he has no clue about the subject being discussed and when asked to prove his point he backs down. :lol:

The people that have a clue, yourself, Lefty, scrap etc have an opinion. If they agree with me then I'm most likely right. That's all that matters really, not the opinions of this clueless pair.

12. MrSmall

Jan 2, 2006
    I genuinely find it odd that people into boxing will stand up for NO WEIGHTS! with near religious zeal, you will never see that anywhere else!
    I don't think there is a sport with such single minded fans.

13. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    These people are clueless or just plain ignorant. I'm not saying you have to use weights or anything like that, but the benefits are there if you want to use them. Some people just won't accept that for some reason, even though it's kinda a fact that you can improve strength, speed, flexibility, agility, balance, power etc using weights. Sad really.

14. MrSmall

Jan 2, 2006
    There's probably some deeper psychological issues as well, not specifically with the posters in this thread, but a lot of people fear change, fear the unknown, prefer to stick with what they know and only that, refuse to accept anything else out of insecurity, jealousy towards someone who wants to improve himself in areas that they are poor in, same as with any other haters of progressive people its out of jealousy half the time.

If someone is a high level, successful athlete then 90% of the time they have no business listening to me, but even because they did it to get to that point, doesn't mean it is optimal. Like running at 3-4am, that probably just interrupts their sleep. If its for the mental edge, then that's a different story, but there will be no real physical benefits than running after a clear night's sleep, and maybe even taking a nap later in the day. Or having **** poor technique in their running, or if they train with weights doing a bodybuilding routine, or following a fad diet etc etc etc.

Most of the time if the will to do something it will trump nearly everything else, including overcoming the shortcomings of their training plan through sheer effort throughout, that's my opinion with a lot of things.

Not towards Manassa or Bumpy Knuckles in this thread, just discussing things here chaps.

15. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Not every sport has sports specific resistance training (bag work). I see no reason to trade that in for something you yourself claim isn't any more taxing. We had non-resistance training like shadowboxing, technical training on pads and sparring, resistance training in bag work, agility work like jump rope. Boxing isn't in the dark ages, other sports were. They are merely catching up.

Take ice skating for example, you could make a skater do squats, but it would be much better for him to do skating specific resistance training, like pulling a weight on skates. Which is exactly what they have them do now. Specificity and adaptability suggest the gains of such an exercise will be more than just a little crossover gain. I don't know any boxer who doesn't do resistance training, none.

In the past, a soccer player played soccer and nothing more. Now they do resistance training, agility training, technical training, etc. Boxers have always been fairly well off in terms of variety in exercise.