How long has FW got left?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Feb 13, 2020.

1. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I'd say he's fallen hard since Eddie hit the big time. His shows have been 2nd rate.

2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    That goes without question but he has still delivered good night's for us but has been overshadowed by Matchroom.

To be honest I didn't attend a Warren show for a number of years due to getting burnt too many times with matches getting pulled.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Warden's cards not great but what is Eh Day's excuse for sticking 3rd rate shows on Sky last year and the Sheffield card last week. Another underwhelming card in Newcastle announced as well.

Top dog should be producing much better cards.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Here's Johnny and Gatekeeper like this.
  4. The Genius

The Genius Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I think people are overreacting.

Eddie is the biggest promoter in the world and is burning through 10s of millions of dollars a month. Why give Frank stick because he can't compete with that?

There are 60 licenced promoters in the UK. Frank is still number 2. He's arguably number 2 in Europe.

Things are not as bleak as they look.

Gatekeeper and Holler like this.
  5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    He’s found a way to go from the guy who promotes all of the biggest names in British boxing, with his shows on the country’s main sports channel and his boxers being household names, to promoting none of the biggest names, with nearly all of his headlining names leaving him, and being seemingly totally reliant on a fourteen fight novice.

Whatever you say about him, he’s found a way to do that.

6. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Fwank doesn't have the charisma and personable character of someone like hearn.and in this social media driven era of boxing he's always going to look like a diplodocus.

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Frank is pushing 70 years old- it’s a bit ridiculous comparing him with Hearn Jnr.

Gatekeeper and Jurgen like this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought he was terminally ill when I read the title of this thread.

9. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    In recent years, there was/is nothing second rate about;
    Warrington V Selby/Frampton
    Wilder v Fury 1
    Frampton / Fury Windsor Park show
    Frampton v Heering TBC
    Dubois V Joyce
    Dubois - Gorman /Joyce - Jennings
    Saunders v Eubank
    Degale v Truax (on paper not great, but turned out to be fairly dramatic)

Holler and Clarkey like this.
  10. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    The golden contract tournaments are MTK shows, Sky and ESPN are broadcasting them.

11. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Didn't realise that . Fair point. I'd watched them on You Tube. I'll have to revise my opinion then, yeah, MTK are a serious threat to Warren.

12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    He probably is. The man is an immovable object. I notice he signed a young traveller boxer early in the week so the FW show rolls on. He can't compete with Hearn/sky but he'll be the best of the rest until he dies. If he ever dies.

13. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    You’re defending DeGale v Truax? Why? That was absolutely garbage.

Frampton at Windsor was dismal as well. A totally overmatched nobody opponent and Fury on the undercard flapping around against Pianeta and getting booed out of the ring, never to be seen again in the UK.

14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Eh Day Earn producing tripe cards on Sky Sports from Newcastle to the O2 Arena month after month.

Hopefully Frank, Mick and MTK step in to fill the gap in the UK boxthing market

15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    When Warren signed his BT deal he wasnt looking to be #2.

That guy has been on a crusade to take matchroom down for years. He committed to deliver dates for BT as he was trying to reclaim the crown.

He couldn't do it but boy he was trying. When AJ lost to Ruiz their wouldn't have been a happier guy than Frank Warren.

As long as he has TV he isn't finished but you would think with TV his stable wouldn't be so light right now.

Remember their aren't that many box office stars in the UK right now. The ones that are drawing money aren't with him.

Not sure if he ever offered Whyte a deal but considering he has no contract with matchroom maybe he should have tried to get Whyte. Whyte draws money.

Even the youtube fighters again isnt something you would see Warren doing. Not because he wouldn't out of principle just his from a different generation who don't see opportunities in the market like that.

Nobody can tell me BT sport wouldn't be happy with showing Logan Paul v KSI.

Women's boxing? Will it be huge? No but he tried to get on it just he picked the wrong female. Nicola Adams was never going to become a star.