How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by kyzz, Jun 2, 2011.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    It's ok kid, we understand you.

This content is protected

I can guarantee you wouldn't be half as cocky to the guys in this thread if you met them face-to-face. It's sad really, it would be funny to see you get KO'd. :lol:

Keep the insults comin'

2. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Don't be silly. Clearly from what the OP said the advice of go to Krav Maga is nonsensicle and ****ing dumb. Obviously learning the sport of boxing is far better for self defence than self defence classes.

3. kyzz

kyzz Member Full Member

May 31, 2011
    HAHAHA! Oh yeah if we met I would TOTALLY be shaking in fear. I mean look at you, you post on a boxing forum all day! Think about that! You beat out over 100m sperm, have wasted oxygen, food, and water, and the entire purpose of your existence involves posting on an internet forum LOL

You won't believe me man, but I truly feel sorry for you! <333

ooo making things up! Who said Krav Maga was nonsensical and dumb? You should quote that guy!

4. Windigo

Windigo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I've done both. Krav Maga is much better for a few classes than boxing. I mean how long till you get to spar and how long after that till you get good at it. Kick them in the nuts and get the **** out of their.

5. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Go back and re-read what I said. "I can guarantee you wouldn't be half as cocky to the guys in this thread if you met them face-to-face." Hmmmm. Where does this say anything about me?

Awwwww.

If you're going to quote me do it properly. I'll get the quote with what I actually said and see if it makes sense to you.

I said go to Krav Maga, as in you know, lessons... I said this at the beginning of the thread and you claimed my advice was nonsensical and stupid.

I can't believe you're still going to be honest.

6. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Yeah. That makes sense to us mature adults. The OP needs skills to defend his honor and beat the **** out of anyone that insults him.

7. kyzz

kyzz Member Full Member

May 31, 2011
    No no! I'm asking you babe to show me where I said "Krav Maga is nonsensical and dumb" - all you have to do is quote me and I'll get my hot female roomates to write viru§&#8482; on their breasts

8. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    You're so dense it's hilarious :lol:

9. kyzz

kyzz Member Full Member

May 31, 2011
    LOL you see this a perfect example as to why you're so ****ing ******ed. You claim someone said something, they ask for proof, you deny it and call them dense.

You know before starting this thread I use to be against abortion, but sometimes I wonder the benefits had your parents tried it in your case :)

10. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Lets look at this. You asked for me to quote where you said Krav Maga is nonsensical and dumb. I never claimed you said that. I said you said the advice of going to Krav Maga classes is nonsensical and dumb. This is what you said -

Do you get the difference?

If you want to go on making **** up, go ahead. It makes you look worse than you already look now.

Awwww. Are you really that upset with me, babe? Wishing somebody to be dead over a disagreement on a forum is a bit immature don't you think? :lol:

11. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    this still going?
    virus, the argument king!

12. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I'm just a bit bored before going to bed lol I always end up baiting this guy as I'm about to get to sleep. :rofl I just find it funny that he's taking this so seriously.

13. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    The internet is serious business

14. Armstrong!

Armstrong! Active Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2011
    You know what.... **** this.

Learn how to box. Chances are you'll beat most people - the average Joe's who don't know how to fight properly.

But you know what? For the people who are saying "Just leave" and all of that, I need to challenge you.

I was taught to defend myself. I'm not doing it for pride, or for dignity, but because I'm a trained fighter and I can handle any stupid ****er that thinks he's all that when in reality he's not.
    I'm not letting myself be pushed around by anybody who wants to push me around. I'm defending my ass. Why? Because I can.

That's right. Enough with "Do the right thing" stuff, I'm kicking that skinhead's head in because I can and I'm defending myself.

If he's a trained fighter? So am I.
    This is the reality that I refuse to be a victim and to the OP, don't let them push you around. Take up boxing - learn it, spar, and go back and defend yourself. Even if you lose to somebody, there's still the fact that you will be a BOXER and the chances are you WON'T LOSE.

Unless he's a trained fighter, but then again, most trained fighters aren't characterless bullies.

15. Armstrong!

Armstrong! Active Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2011
    I'd rather learn how to become a boxer with head movement, a powerful punch, toughness and supreme fitness rather than try to remember moves on the spot.

You know what? You won't remember that stuff when you're actually being attacked by somebody unless you're a serious veteran.