How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by kyzz, Jun 2, 2011.

1. furor celtica

furor celtica Creeping Death Full Member

Jun 26, 2010
    kyzz:
    you come in here and start provoking all these boxing trainees knowing you can't get your ass whooped and then call us keyboard warriors. you are seriously ******ed dude. i think thats your main problem. stop playing the homo card, you're getting beat up cos you're a douchebag.

2. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
  3. jimbo7064

jimbo7064 New Member Full Member

May 20, 2011
    Ok Kyzz i can solve this for you right now u want to learn how to fight u learn that through experience like boxing. Boxing is a sport where u need to be calm relaxed eager anxious all ups and downs and find the right spots, street fighting can be ground game judo tossing miuy thai clinching knees kicks anything people who do box dont usually fight outside the ring or atleast i dont. In my opinion im 20 years old and a junior in college if im still fighting over **** as little as that im a loser. People need to grow up 1, 2. if people are fighting you because your gay and you didnt do anything to provoke the situation that doesnt make sense at all, 3. Boxing is a gentlemen sport its been around since braddock days even before that people tend to forget fighting is sport not hatred sure theres rivalries like any sport but people who train for the love of the sport make it for what its worth for people like you who train because you wanna beat down a homophobe to prove a point it wont work because thats just arrogance. You get better in boxing by sparring, u get better in grappling by live rolling sessions, you get better at football by practicing, do u see where im gettin at...Fight more get better at it get your ass kicked or train boxing then what will you do if he takes u to the floor...think about it

4. Antsu

Antsu Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 5, 2006

You did the right thing.

I don’t understand how someone could just walk away, after that kind of ******* move.
    He was probably a closet homosexual, who was annoyed because his own mixed feelings.

As for question boxing is good way to get confidence and to get used to be punched. It will help you in those situations but training takes lots of time and could be hard if success in street fight is your only motivation also it’s not some ultimate answer in every street fight.

5. Antsu

Mar 5, 2006
    Never understood how nowadays everyone thinks that when the fight goes to the floor, its over for boxer.

If the other guy isnt some wrestler/judoka, I would still put my money to well conditioned athlete like boxers are.
    Also average joe will have hard time closing distance with his wind mill attack

6. furor celtica

furor celtica Creeping Death Full Member

Jun 26, 2010
    hey kyzz why don't you tell us about your other fights. just curious since the discussion seems to have stalled concerning the 'thrilla in the pizza pizza'.

Personally I will go against the current and say I would have went over to the other guys table when he started yelling and got in his face. I don't think anyone here would actually have left the place, thats just a dishonest thing to say.
    I'm not sure this is in your defence though, cos last time I checked pizza-hurling and drink-throwing weren't technically fighting. Maybe I'm just old-school.

7. jimbo7064

May 20, 2011
    im not puttin boxers down on ground but a ground game is what nogi JJ fighters do i mean sure you can still bang on the ground but the leverage from the stance is gone and yeah a wrestler just knows takedowns and back throws a grappler knows holds that can make you tap and find ways to lock your arms so only he can hit u fighting isnt just won by a knockout

8. jimbo7064

May 20, 2011
    its funny u mention that windmill attack i saw a new guy spar with that last week..mildly entertaining

9. Antsu

Mar 5, 2006
    Yeah i know they are experts in the ground, just saying that average joe dosent have any advantage over boxer there.

My friend does MMA and its almost imbosible, to beat him in ground game without knowing any tricks. Obviously we havent try ground game what involves punching, but I can tell that he would beat me in it.
    I beat him in standup thought. Unless he gets his homo clinch and throws me on the ground

10. SILVIO_DANTE

SILVIO_DANTE Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2009
    This. Your average man on the street who tries to grapple has no idea what he's doing.

/

lol

11. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007

Hmmm. Lets look at some consequences.

Staying and fighting... You could get injured along with your friends for trying to protect you when your dumb ass starts getting kicked, you could get killed or again your friends could, you could end up killing the guy/guys and end up going to prison, you may be arressted, get a criminal record and find it very, very difficult to find a job (who wants to employ a guy with assault charges?), you may damage the store and end up getting fined, the guy you fight with may have friends that'll hunt you down and gut you. Just a few outcomes. Maybe it all sounds a bit paranoid but
    you never know.

Walking away... Maybe your pride is slighly hurt but that's about it.

Read the above and actually think like an adult.

12. bald_head_slick

bald_head_slick Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 15, 2009
    :good

Sometimes the obvious is the hardest thing to see.

13. Antsu

Mar 5, 2006

[FONT=&quot]All of that could happen but they are all very unlikely events. Expect someone getting injured part.
    I don’t recommend killing the guy but I would definitely push him trough tables or hit him couple of times.

Couple of years ago I had similar situation in the bar, when I was sitting with my mates and suddenly one crazy guy throws my beer off my table and punched me in the face, while yelling insults because I didn’t take him seriously.

I raised up and punched him couple of times and pushed him on the table.
    After that he started to attack bouncers and got to spend night in jail.

Now maybe I could have walk away, while taking couple of more punches but that’s really not what I would recommend.
    [/FONT]

14. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Like the other guy, you're confusing a fight and self defence. I had a guy punch me in the face at a club just over a year ago. I picked him up by his throat, carried him across the dancefloor, threw him on the floor and kicked the **** out of him. I had no problem doing that and I'm not saying you shouldn't do that either, that's self defence against an attacker as in your situation. What I'm saying is in that situation it's fight or get your face smashed in, you have no choice, you have to defend yourself. A fight occurs when both parties want to fight, there's always the option to walk away from a fight.

15. street fights in my experience always boil down to one thing , environment , speed size strength are all factors but not majors ones for me