**How Malignaggi win reflects on Cotto...**

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Orishaman, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    So you think Cotto's win over Zab is better? I truly think Paulie will end up having a better career than Zab.

2. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    do you think malignaggi can beat zab?

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    At 147 I don't think so but at 140 I would favor Paulie. I think Paulie is almost as quick but a better defensive fighter and has a better chin as well.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    You are working in hindsight.

Tszyu was a 3 to 1 underdog v Judah and expected to lose the rematch to Mitchell. Both were obliterated. Couple in his longevity, dominance, defences, etc and you have a great fighter. A top 10 at 140.

You feel Tszyu is overrated in hindsight. Sometimes hindsight can be an eye opener to certain issues but sometimes it allows people to forget the truth.

Tszyu is great for much the same reasons that Larry Holmes is.

5. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Like I said in a different topic thread if Cotto was not struggling making the 140 limit he would have gave Paulie a worst beating but he didn't because he left all his energy in training.I feel that Cotto should haved moved up on weight 4 fights before he made his debut at 147.But Paulie just might be the man now at 140.good for him because it takes a real man to step in the ring
    and it makes you better than most when you win a world title