How many Bobby Fitz's could Foreman take in a row?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Kamikaze, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Bye for now! banned Full Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Toronto style they come in one at a time, But- there is no time limit and they just don't stop coming till George is felled.

Bujia, BCS8 and Colonel Sanders like this.
  2. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    I think Fitzsimmons would enter the ring against Foreman with full confidence he would win.

After losing to Jeffries the second time he called Jeffries a wonder, and said that if he couldn't beat Jeffries, no one could.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  3. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    He takes each one out with just 1 punch. So Foreman keeps moping the floor with them until he gets tired.

4. White Bomber

Mar 31, 2021
    My guess would be 20 or 30, then Foreman gasses out.

HaglerwontHaggle likes this.
  5. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Does he get to grill them first?

What condiments?

3-4 I'd say, if he had to eat them raw.

Pugguy and cross_trainer like this.
  6. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Agreed. Foreman could probably take out a tenth-of-a-Fitz. An intact Fitz beats him, however.

BCS8 likes this.
  7. 70sFan865

70sFan865 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2019
    I think you sell Foreman short. He'd take 20 at once without sweating. 20 Fitz for 20 times gives us 400 ;)

8. SHADAPBLAD

SHADAPBLAD Viscous Knockouts Full Member

Feb 15, 2017
    realistically, about 5-6

Greg Price99 likes this.
  9. 70sFan865

May 30, 2019
    On a more serious note, this is ridiculous. Foreman struggled with the scrubs he faced in actual performance. He was tired already at the end of performance, but somehow he'd stop Fitzsimmons with a single punch and he'd stop at 30.

Please, tell me you're trolling.

10. White Bomber

Mar 31, 2021
    Those scrubs were actual HWs, Fitzsimmons was not.
    Take a great modern MW like Canelo, who, atm, is the wn1 p4p. Do you really expect him to stand a chance against someone like Wilder, who we can both agree is very limited / miles beneath Canelo in terms of skill ?!? OF COURSE NOT !!!
    Same thing applies here. Fitzsimmons is too small to stand a chance, not to mention his style of boxing is useless against Foreman. Plus he ain't got the chin.
    Now, if Fitzsimmons runs around the ring all night, then yeah, Foreman might not get more than 5 or 6 Fitzsimmons out of there, but that's the only scenario where he only takes out so few.

11. 70sFan865

May 30, 2019
    I'm 100% sure that Wilder wouldn't beat 20 Canelos in a row. To be honest, I'm not sure he'd beat more than 2.

12. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    These premises really have a “How many does it take to change a light bulb?” vibe to them, don’t they?

If the Fitzs are working collectively the name of the game is RUN, avoid getting tagged at all costs and drown George in the deep waters of his own fatigue.

Otherwise, each Fitz can’t help but fight in his own right, looking for individual glory. Not sure how many are required in this scenario but eventually Foreman is well gassed and, with Rose screaming for Bob to “hit ‘em in the slats” a Fitz (of arbitrarily chosen #) lands a less oft seen searing blow to George’s midsection. George crashes, paralysed, desperately crawling toward the ropes to try and haul himself but can’t manage it within the 10 second limit.

Fitz’s new punch begs for a name. Fitz coins it the Foreman Gut Buster. No hard feels from George who asks Bob can he trademark the name and take it and his new product on the road with him to fund his retirement. Fitz replies no prob, only asking for a small percentage in royalties in return.

13. White Bomber

Mar 31, 2021
    He'd definitely beat at least 5.
    And in this example, the big man (Wilder) is less skilled than the smaller man (Canelo).
    In our thread, the big guy (Foreman) is, in the worst case scenario, just as skilled as the smaller guy (Fitzsimmons).

14. 70sFan865

May 30, 2019
    Why? I'm sure Canelo would be able to last a few rounds with Wilder and I don't see Wilder fighting 3-5 rounds 5 times in a row.
    But in your scenario, Canelo wouldn't be able to stop Wilder with a few punches. Fresh Fitzsimmons definitely would be able to stop tired Foreman.

15. White Bomber

Mar 31, 2021
    Canelo can only do it if he runs. Like I said, Wilder is not the most skilled out there. But he hits very ****ing hard and he also has very good speed. Given how small Canelo is compared to him, Wilder can afford to throw caution to the wind and swing wildly at Canelo.
    And I doubt Canelo can survive that. Thus Wilder won't need more than 1 or 2 round to get his man. All he needs is one good punch and it's lights out for Canelo.

No, he would not. But neither would Fitzsimmons be able to stop Foreman.

Same applies for fresh Canelo.
    But both Wilder and Foreman would have to be very tired in order for Canelo and Fitzsimmons to stop them.