How many boxing friends do you folks have?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by buddynabuick, Jul 1, 2007.

1. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    I know a guy from Kassel (he called that area "zonenrandgebiet") and he had been to the former eatern germany. i myself have only been to the western part or germany.

anyway, he told me of his trips through small towns .......and he said it was sometimes absolutely scary(especially for him cause he had dreads). he had never seen so many people with shaven skulls.

but good for you that you dont have to put up with that **** in your town.

2. CzarKyle

CzarKyle Member Full Member

May 11, 2005
    I have a small handful of boxing friends, but they come with a catch. They're only into the HBO fights, or anything PPV. I watch all things boxing: Golden gloves, classic fights, palookas fighting other palookas. I can easily get them to the bar to watch Hatton or Mayweather, but when it comes to heavyweights or second tier fighters they would rather drink their faces off. Oh, and one of them refuses to watch Hatton Vs. Mayweather (if it happens) because he likes both fighters and would hate to see them fight. Ugh, I dunno. Maybe I'm just a boxing ***** and they're casual fans. I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I have one friend who likes boxing all on his own. I've converted everyone else I know into mainstream fans.

4. lyricalmist

lyricalmist Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
  5. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
  6. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I know quite a few but unfortunetly because off the dumb-ass bbc no one gets to watch boxing very often. I am lucky enough to have Sky and Setanta but most of the guys i know who box and are into boxing do not get to watch much so have slowly gotten out of frame with whats happening in the boxing world.

7. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I hardly have any, I asked a bunch of people at work if they they knew who the HW champ was, and not one knew.A few people said Lewis or Tyson but have not heard much from boxing since then. Most people I know are getting into MMA.

8. Sinew

Sinew The Assassin Full Member

Feb 7, 2005
    :lol:

I would say that around 10-15 of us will watch a big event around a 52 inch HDTV.

The average may be around 8.

We wont do it for everyfight though, but for ANY solid fight night , the least is about 4 or 5.

And if we all stay home some of us will at least call each other after, and talk about the fight.

9. buddynabuick

buddynabuick Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2007

Nobody knows the answer for that question:lol:

10. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    I know an ex pro heavyweight lled Gypsy John Fury. He fought Henry Akinwande once and was quite a handful in his prime.. It may be the same guy.. He was originally from Hasligden.. His son is an active fighter now, Tyson Fury , he is making quite a name for himself.

Ask him if its him.. It may be.:good

11. Sinew

Sinew The Assassin Full Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Heh,heh that sounds like alot of my boxing buddies.

12. Tu papa

Tu papa Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2004
    I'm in Puerto Rico, which means you can talk about boxing to anyone on any occasion. Only baseball is more popular here. When big fights come about 80% of the people will be talking about the fight the next day.

To give you an example, during Cottos last fight, the streets were pretty much deserted and about 30 minutes after it ended, there was a **** load of traffic everywhere from people driving home from where thdy watched the fight. Kind of like a new years eve at 1am.

13. H .

H . Boxing Junkie banned

Jan 20, 2007
    I have 3; my old man, my friend, and a guy at work. Most of everyone else just follows MMA. :-(

14. justaboxingfan

justaboxingfan Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007

Lol ya all my 'fight' friends would rather watch UFC and Ultimate fighter. I usually have to drag their asses to the bar and convince them that hatton-castillo is going to be the biggest fight of the year :yep otherswise they just see 2 guys fighting. "Man i can't wait for Brewster-Wlad 2, its going to be the next 'Rumble in the Jungle' but better":nut :nut

15. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Me and my brother always loved boxing.. my brother is a very good boxer himself. I have two friends which I converted.. it's really easy to get someone to love boxing, just show em' fights like Corrales - Castillo :yep
    One of these friends posts her regulary and is sparring with me every now and then, he's really starting to know boxing.

I tried to convert a school mate, but he insisted that Van Damme or Bruce Lee would beat prime Mike Tyson in ten seconds, and that a battle monk would absolutely kill Tyson in a street fight, so what I did was tell him to **** off and watch some cartoons instead :D