How many healthy shoulders would Loma need to beat a prime JMM?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigBone, Oct 25, 2020.

How many healthy (non injured, legitimate) sLomo shoulders beat one prime JMM?

1. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5

5.3%
  3. 10 or more

42.1%
  4. Prime JMM wins

52.6%
  1. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    How many healthy Lomo shoulders beat one JMM?

Lomo: 1000-1 in amateurs, no legit losses in pros (low blows, shoulder injury)

Marquez 5 losses, also:
    - at least 3-1 vs. Pac on aggregate scorecards
    - clear win over MAB
    - TKO of Juan Diaz
    - dominated sLomo's dad (prime Salidaddio)
    - TKO of Olympic legend Casamayor
    - clear win of Agapito
    - arguably beat Norwood, John
    - made Morales run like a fat Tijuana beyatch

This content is protected

22JM, Ph33rknot and Big Ukrainian like this.
  2. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Depends how lomachenko fights against marquez tbf.. Both at feather.. If lomachenko comes at him marquez koes him clean

If lomachenko boxes off the back foot it'd be alot closer and he could possibly sneak a win.

Dinamita is my all time favourite fighter.. But he hates a mover, and anyone who used their legs and fight off the back foot he didn't impress against... I can see how loma could make it difficult for him

Wheeler, gainer, John, norwood.. I don't hold the Floyd of Bradley losses against him too much as he was not suited to welterweight.... (yeah I know his best win is at welter but he just had pacmans number)

In regards to how many shoulders he'd need to win.. Both and maybe another few legs lol

The Akbar One and jaytxxl like this.
  3. BigBone

Nov 20, 2007
    Problem is: every seasoned, skilled fighter with proper timing was able to tag Loma: Salido, Linares, Campbell - plus young, unrefined Fimo. Course he won some of these but dismisses hype of Loma dodging bullets like Neo, a trap I fell into with Hasegawa back in the day, all those flashy skills and whatnot, but susceptible to proper timing, and JMM is a master in that with KO power, top-end stamina, incredible angles, legendary combinations and and lethal accuracy. As far as John goes, a lanky fighter who's career was built around the long, boring quick jab and solid D is not a formula Lomo's capable of replicating, and knowing Daddychenko, he'd ask for that KO you've said he should avoid.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  4. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Offensive boxers get hit lol I get your trying to dig at lomachenko.. Probably sick to death of people who declared him the greatest thing since sliced bread n sucked him off.. I get it but it doesn't take away from the fact he's a great fighter

Saying lomachenko gets tagged off any seasoned vet... I should hope so... He isn't pernell whittaker.. He's a great offensive fighter with some pretty unique footwork as far as fighters go.... Offensive fighters are always gonna get hit more than defensive fighters.... ... Me saying I think loma would probably get banged out by marquez at featherweight.. No shame in that

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Jmm too good and too powerful for Loma

22JM and Ph33rknot like this.
  6. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    JMM is not all that great vs boxers. There's evidence of this. I'd probably pick him still because Loma's footwork is all close range. JMM has problems with guys that move a lot longer distances.

SquaredCircle likes this.
  7. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
  8. recycling

recycling Active Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2012
    JMM I feel is all wrong for Lomachenko. Thought this before Lomas loss. People talk about JMM struggling against boxers; FM was way too big, bradley was a close fight and had a speed advantage as well as being unpredicatable. People also talk about the early years but JMM didnt really struggle imo, those were awkward southpaw boxers who fought as negative as possible and JMM still adjusted. Aggressive Loma will be figured out by JMM and a boxer Loma doesnt hold speed advantage too outbox JMM nor does Loma actually outbox fighters off the back foot.

Bogotazo, Ph33rknot and BigBone like this.
  9. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Marquez will figure Loma out and then put in the work. He got dropped by Linares. Remember salido? Come Marquez is an ATG. He fought all the way to 147 and still beasting. Loma is good but he is not in the ATG talks at this stage.

22JM, Ph33rknot, IsaL and 1 other person like this.
  10. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
  11. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Just a troll now... expected from a 17yo I suppose

BigBone likes this.
  12. BigBone

Nov 20, 2007
    Correct, plus timing beats speed anyway, unless ur very fast, very young, and even then u have Danny G / Montiel timing Khan / Hasegawa out. Loma is obviously superior, yet barely past 30 and getting knocked down & out-boxed, he ain't aging like Floyd, Bernard or JMM, hence the timing disadvantage. And JMM timed Casamayor, an arguably more troublesome style, I say Loma is far easier to figure out, just takes someone very disciplined to do so, and JMM like you said is a timelord all wrong for sLomo.

Ph33rknot and recycling like this.
  13. fitzroy boy_iron mike

fitzroy boy_iron mike Active Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2005
  14. recycling

recycling Active Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I think loma can still have a long career, but hes not as good as those you mention. Unless, he gets better with experience which can still happen. Hes only around 30.

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori banned Full Member

Mar 5, 2012