How many push-ups can you do?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Decebal, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    that's ok then, isn't it!

2. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :D

3. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    That is impressive if that was a picture of you in the lounge - Gascoigne like fitness

4. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Big if, right, China Joe? Naaah, it's all mental strength! :)

5. BITCH ASS

BITCH ASS "Too Fast" Full Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Some of ya'll are full of ****.

6. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    names or STFU!

7. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I highly doubt some of you are using proper technique when you are quoting figures of 100+. Remember rounding of the back is bad technique. Ive never really tested how much proper ones i could do in one go, as i do mines in supersets with other excercies and in circuits at the gym. If i hazard a guess based on what i feel in circuits et al, i'll say 70, nearing the end would be a struggle.

Also, the lighter you are, the easier to do push ups. Someone of 130pounds i presume could do more push ups in one go than someone like me of 190lbs, it in no way means you are 'fitter' as decebal says.
    You want to measure true fitness, do the bleep test coupled with 5 minute run, sets of deadlift etc

8. Mikro

Mikro New Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2007
    No its not ok. Arran, you are not fit if you cannot do 100 pushups in one go. Any other method of measuring fitness is irrelevant and obsolete.

9. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    :lol: ooops, I've made some new friends in this thread!

All I am saying is that the fitter you are, the more push-ups you can do, whatever your build or size. I am also saying that I think a truly fit guy in his prime should be able to do 100. That's all. Amsterdam, for example (a truly fit guy) CAN! I have mates who can...and they are NOT 150 pounds, or whatever...they are just very FIT!

10. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    how many of you can bench press more than your bodyweight??

11. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    70 at most. I usually do sets of 30 pushups during warming up.

12. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Dude, I'm an actively competing amateur boxer, and I've been in the military for a time, and I don't do 100 push ups straight. If I was fresh and really pressed it out I could do maybe 60-65 push ups. But yet, I can compete and fight 4 rounds in amateur fights anmd I hit hard enough to keep people off me. Yet according to you, I'm not really fit. Maybe it's just I don't specialize in doing push ups. If you really practice it then yeah, anyone can build up to a lot of push ups. But it's not an indicator of fitness, just that you're good at push ups and the muscles involved in it are good at them.

13. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Fair enough, dude; I just assumed people were practicing push-ups/benchpresses regularly. Those who are, and are fit, can do 100.:yep

14. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I actually do bench press a bit, and do push ups. But I can't be ****ed to stay on my face and bang out 100 in a row, nor could I really at this time. Your point sucks.

15. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Thank you, Kolya