How many rounds can you go?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Austinboxing, May 18, 2022.

1. Austinboxing

Austinboxing British Boxer Full Member

Jul 8, 2021
    How many rounds of sparring can you go before you start to fall apart or struggle to land/dodge meaningful punches? For me it’s about 5 though sometimes I do struggle in the fourth. I train for 3, 3 minute rounds so I guess my stamina is pretty decent but I would struggle if I ever had to go for 6 or more.

2. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    depends with who I'm boxing. These days, I could probably last 1min of hard sparring :D

3. senpai

senpai Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2021
    I train to have stamina but still could not go more than 6 rounds comfortably. I spar with big guys, bigger and taller than me. shortest is 6'5. I spar for 3 rounds with each guy, than switch to new, fresh sparring partner.

My style is to move constantly and maybe that is why I have stamina problems, I get hit very rarely in those 6 rounds, but after that it's just a disaster. My defence is getting weak and I start to make very obvious mistakes.

Last week I met a guy who is training with old soviet style boxing methods and he showed me some old training footage from 80's. I don't know if it's available online, but it's really unique and interesting.