How many rounds do you think Wilder would last with Anthony Joshua?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by James Smith, Jul 22, 2017.

1. James Smith

James Smith Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    There are a very small amount of people out there that think this would be a competitive fight. Though most know they are dead wrong.
    Anthony Joshua has solid defence, good balance, always has his footwork set for powerful combinations.
    Wilder has poor balance, poor defence and footwork, and manages to be outboxed by Szpilka and Washington who are not even top 20 heavyweights. He is just levels bellow Joshua when it comes to skill, speed and power.
    So how many rounds do you think Wilder would last with current world champion Anthony Joshua?
    I think Wilder lasts between 2-4 rounds before being stopped.

2. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    The same amount of rounds Breazelle lasted as Joshua will be wary of Wilder's power for the opening rounds.

3. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    AJ ends it when ever he pleases.

If he went to work in the first minute China chinned wilder would be put to sleep.

I do give wilder a punchers chance of about 5% though.

4. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Joshua gave Klitschko four rounds before he started seriously pummeling away. I think there's no need to show Wilder that kind of respect so maybe two rounds.

Jacques81 likes this.
  5. Radrook

Radrook Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Wilder has cunningly become very adept at sneaking in knockout punches. So one mistake by Josh and it is the Klitscho scenario all over again but worse since Wilder punches harder and Josh is not likely to recover.

lloydturnip and Staminakills like this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Punches harder my ass.

Howitzer1888, Dfaulds and S.K like this.
  7. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Between 3 and 5 rounds.

N17 likes this.
  8. James Smith

Jan 5, 2017
    Wilder lacks the skill to land anything dangerous on Joshua. That is why I am asking what round he gets KO'ed.

9. Radrook

Feb 24, 2017
    True! There is no absolutely certain way for one to know who punches harder unless we measure the force of impact as they did with that Russian boxer in a Rocky film.

10. Radrook

Feb 24, 2017
    I have seen him up against boxers who are more skilled than he is and he has managed to sneak in that punch.
    Also keep in mind that Josh's defense was pierced by Klitscho amd almost cost him the match. So the possibility, very small though it might be, does exist. In short Josh can't afford to be lackadaisical or be lulled to sleep by a seemingly ineffective Wilder, because Wilder, for all his lack of boxing skill, has specialized in a sudden burst of energy that has proven effective for him so far.

11. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
  12. James Smith

Jan 5, 2017
    There is a big difference in skill between Szpilka and Joshua, Wilder lacks the skill to land any shots on Joshua, as he has proven over his last few fights.

13. Radrook

Feb 24, 2017
    What happened here?

This content is protected

14. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Joshua's stiff ass gets kod by the first hard right hand thrown by Wilder. The PED freak has no chin at all.

lloydturnip likes this.
  15. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    Wilder lasts 2 rounds. 1 feeling out round and 1 round for being viciously KO'd.

James Smith likes this.