How much of a threat is Ruiz to Fury and Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ChodesRbetter, Jul 5, 2019.

1. ChodesRbetter

ChodesRbetter New Member banned Full Member

Jul 4, 2019
    He didnt just beat Joshua on a fluke he was literally the better man, too skilled, and too powerful.

Before this Joshua was seen by many as the best of the lot.

I see him beating Wilder, hes powerful like Wilder fast too but hes more skilled, so to me he has the advantage there even if his punches are slightly less powerful.

As far as Fury is concerned it depends on Furies gameplan if he ties up Ruiz and leans on him wlad style theres no way Ruiz can win hes too big , but if he actually strikes with him I see Ruiz out gunning him and taking him apart

2. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I don't think he could beat Fury if they fought 10 times. Wilder I just don't know...I can envision scenarios where Ruiz gets stopped, I can see him slipping in and hurting Wilder, I'd favor Wilder but Ruiz could potentially trouble him.

3. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    For the record, he's not "powerful" like Wilder...it's not even a comparison to this point in their respective careers.

Blandman and red_roo like this.
  4. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    It depends how they fight Ruiz. Wilder and Fury have better mobility than Joshua and have better composure when under fire. Fury would definitely use the ring on Ruiz and Wilder’s head at least moves unlike Joshua’s. That said Ruiz is tough and would give either Fury or Wilder a tough fight and could hurt either if they got sloppy.

velagod likes this.
  5. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Wilder and Fury are both a bad style match-up for Ruiz Jr.

lefthandlead and velagod like this.
  6. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    HUGE threat for Wilder and not a big one for Fury.

7. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I never thought Joshua was the best of the lot, it was always Fury. He has no real chance in my opinion versus Fury. Fury is too good of a mover, boxer, combination puncher and the dimensions don't favor Ruiz. Wilder he definitely has a chance (anyone that is an above average boxer does), however Wilder for all his faults is not a sitting duck. He plays keep away and wants to fight long and tall. His feet while uncoordinated are quick and his right hand is quick and real. I'd say it's probably 50/50, I'd personally lean toward Wilder because eventually he is gonna land.

Grinder, Tramell and Hanz Cholo like this.
  8. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Ruiz is worse style match-up fopr Wilder than other way around.

Ruiz is an excellent counter puncher and Wilder always gets caught by counter punchers and doesn't look good against them - Fury easily outboxed him and clearly wom the fight despite 2 knockdowns. Ortiz was outboxing him and hurt him badly, almost stopping him in the seventh round. Hell, even Eric Molina hurt Wilder twice.

dealt_with likes this.
  9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Wilder and Fury know how to use their height unlike AJ

Have great stamina

Fury dominates him with 1 hand

Wilder might have issues but only where Ruiz can find pockets to fight

red_roo likes this.
  10. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    threat to wilder and I would pick him to beat him but he stands no chance with fury

11. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    don't put donkey and fury in the same sentence fury has far more skills then that clown

Ruiz would beat wilder

don owens and Big Ukrainian like this.
  12. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Fury beats him 10/10,boxes to an easy UD or even stops him late,just too much length and mobility. Wilder definately stops him.

13. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Fury beats him with ease.

Wilder avoids him.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  14. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    Ruiz could walk into a right hand at any time in the fight. Then it could be over. Or....he could avoid the right. Or...he could take it well and get inside and punish Windmill man. No way to know what will happen. I think he will get inside and KTFO Wilder before the seventh round. Fury will be more difficult. Don't think Fury can knock Ruiz out but can win a decision. Fury's combination of skills, ring iq and footwork may be too much.

15. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    A few weeks ago Ruiz was merely a stepping stone for the Bodybuilder but now now he is this dragon slayer extraordinaire.......

Newsflash: AJ was never that good, his whole rep was based on going life and death with gray haired shot Wk.........who was in his absolute prime waxed by genuine ham and eggers....WK stunk the joint out so bad in his PRIME that not one US Network was willing to show case his fights after a couple of snoozers.

Straight out of Ruiz's mouth " Out of the three I match up very well with AJ because he does not know how to box, he plays right into my strengths, the other two are much more stylistically difficult for me"

End Thread.

Gazanta87 likes this.