How much would Ruiz weigh if he stripped off all of the fat

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by reckless, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Well it´s obvious that size alone doesn’t win fights. Otherwise Tye Fields would be in the HOF by now.

Robney and Malph like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    On what planet does Ruiz looks muscular?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....dy-ruiz-jr-slimline-weight-loss-physique/amp/ (world boxing news link)

Look at the topless picture on the right. He has narrow shoulder width, skinny arms, no visibly muscular traps or shoulder muscle.

None of this matters one jot because Ruiz is an athletic beast in his current state somehow but he really is not a muscular fat guy.

reckless likes this.
  3. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
  4. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Hasn't he lost a good bit of weight already, I'm going by a few articles on the net. Anyway he'll be lighter after the rematch cos he won't have any belts strapped to his waist!!

5. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    For starters, he doesn’t have a massive gut. Barely has any flab on his gut at all. Heck, on some pictures you can even see the lining of his abs.
    He clearly has some solid muscle under that fat. His chest and biceps are quite big.

If you want to see a heavyweight who has barely any muscle, but all of the fat, then take a look at Chris Arreola. Now that man was a Cruiserweight who ate his way up to heavyweight.

6. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    A guy has to have the right combination of attributes to be a top tier heavyweight.

He has to have a mix of power, speed, endurance, punch resistance and agility. But it's more than those physical attributes....there is skill.

The physical part without the skill gets you...well...Tye Fields...Ed Too Talls Jones or Mark Gastineau.

The skill without the physical parts gets you into journey man status.

It all has to come together into a winning combination. Very few have all the pieces.

Badbot likes this.
  7. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    And of course shorter guys can have their advantages as well, if they know to utilize em. (Center of gravity is the first thing that comes to mind)
    Just like taller guys have to actually know how to take advantage of their physical attributes *cough*PaulWilliams*cough*.

Malph likes this.
  8. fenoc1

fenoc1 Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2009
    240-245 be perfect weight for Ruiz

MrFoFody likes this.
  9. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    That's generally below the "healthy" amount of body fat %. Anything under 11-12% usually isnt healthy. There are obviously exceptions, everybody is different, but 8% is VERY low.

10. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    He sucks his gut in for photos and face offs, he has massive love handles.

Just have a look at his chest for god sake, huge overhang on the sides of those t1ts.

I'm 6'2 and was once carrying an excess 20kg of extra fat due to a dirty bulk gone wrong and at no point did I look anywhere near as fat as Ruiz. He is easily carrying 40kg of excess fat which makes his achievements even more remarkable as he isn't that muscular at all.

11. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Ruiz is actually pretty solid. His only problem is that he has a sweet tooth and especially loves tres leches, which will make you fat. If he gave up the sweets and was disciplined with his diet he’d be in excellent shape around 210-220 lbs. Luis Ortiz is another guy that in shape is around 220 lbs, but he also has a sweet tooth, but obviously not as bad as Ruiz’s and due to age Ortiz gets a pass.

Badbot likes this.
  12. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
  13. Boxcel

Boxcel Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2019
    People overestimating how much they would actually weigh if they cut down to a shredded 8-10% bodyfat. The only exceptions are if you hold bodybuilder amounts of muscle, but that also becomes very deflated when you cut.

I have a 6'2 friend who usually walks at 210, but then now realizing how much weight he actually needs to drop to get shredded. Likely he may even drop below 170lbs to reach his goal.

CutThroatFade and reckless like this.
  14. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    That's why it's shocking that Tyson was 220lbs at 5'10 with abs showing. That was the size Mr Olympias were in Arnold's heyday in the 70s.

Tyson was obviously on roids.

15. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    You honestly think Ruiz would be 180 lbs if he lost all the excess fat? :lol:
    Some guys just are big. Canelo is a good example. As was Mike Tyson.
    Ruiz would probably be a heavyweight regardless of his body fat %. It´s not like he is some midget. Povetkin is about his height and around 220.