How the heck did Baldo beat Zab?!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by PJ, Jul 31, 2007.

1. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2004
  2. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Zab's calling card is inconsistancy and general ring stupidity. He has amazing natural gifts, but he is mentally weak and tends to underestimate opponents who he sees as outside of his league.

He got stopped by Tszyu for being stupid. I think he probably would have lost that fight in the long run anyway, but the 2nd round KO was his own stupid fault. His dad told him in the corner to stop dropping his hands and clowing on Tszyu.... he dropped his hands while stepping back with his chin hanging out.... got KO'ed. He was tapping Tszyu's ass in round one, hurting him multiple times.

Bottom line, if Baldo would have been a "name" opponent, Judah would have killed him. He seemed like he was out of options when he didn't stop him with a couple uppercuts.

3. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Zab seems to find ways to lose. He took Baldomir lightly and when he hit Baldomir, he kept on coming.

4. sdsfinest22

sdsfinest22 Pound 4 Pound Full Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Lol Zab Cant Handle Pressure Fighters And He Got Pressured By Baldo, Floyd, And Cotto..but The Best Of The 3 At Putting On Pressure And Swarming You Is Cotto....but Baldomir Can Take A Punch Like Nothing Ive Seen...i Thought He Woulda Fell Somewhere In There...

5. MagnificentMatt

MagnificentMatt Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    I disagree, i think Zab is about on par with David Estrada...cleans out the b class fighters than gets stomped when he steps to the A class.

6. smokey

Nov 28, 2005
    Well... Yeah. Baldo never was A class.

Zab is as physically gifted as any fighter at 147 now. He showed that he actually beat Floyd on hand speed during their fight. I he had ring intelligence, he would no doubt be a champ. I do love how easily he is dismissed by most fans as a bum or a B level fighter, though.

He was the unified 147 champ. He didn't get it by punching out stiffs. The guy has hand speed, power, good footwork (when he remembers to use it), and the ability to slip punches like few others. He just doesn't have the intelligence to use those gifts in the tough fights or to pace himself for a long fight.

7. MagnificentMatt

MagnificentMatt Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Ah dont get it twisted, i said hes cleans out the B levels but cant beat the A levels...heh..Id consider him in between.

8. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    What haven't you seen the fight? :lol:

You can download it at the other websites with download sections.

Baldo is not an exceptional fighter but he works all the full route and win rounds. That's how it happened, he simply outworked ZAB. :yep

9. smokey

Nov 28, 2005
    No disagreement on most of that. He's not as good of a boxer as he COULD be, in my opinion. I'm not a Zab fan, and I know he'll never get it together. There are long lists of fighters like him who have tremendous physical ability and squander it.