How to beat Mayweather

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BITCH ASS, Sep 21, 2007.

1. knockout

knockout Make my day Full Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Yeah he should use his own tactic against him.

2. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Maybe he is actually better.

3. bachatu

bachatu Pro Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Obviously he is difficult to beat because he is undefeated. I dont think there is a formula for beating a guy like mayweather, because he is a very well schooled boxer who keeps his hands up and doesn't take chances which often can lead to mistakes and he doesnt like getting hit or getting into exchanges. One thing I noticed is that his work rate (punch output) isn't that high when he feels threatened. He prefers to pick his shots and run. If my theory serves correctly, I think a guy who can beat him, at least by points, would be a guy who can put constant pressure and simply overwhelm him with punch output and not get tired in the later rounds. Obviously, they have to be skilled enough both defensively and offensively in order to do this. Defense will have to be good enough so they wont get hit at will (Gatti vs Mayweather) and offensive will have to be good so they can actually pose a threat to where he will want to run instead of exchanging punches (Castillo vs Mayweather I or Dela Hoya vs Mayweather).
    Some fighters have done that in the beginning of the fight but not throughout the entire match, running out of gas and letting mayweather take over in the later rounds. So stamina I think will be big.
    I would say the figther who poses biggest threat to mayweather at this point is Shane Mosley. Mosley has speed, power, agility, stamina and generally outpunches his opponents.
    I think in regards to outworking Mayweather, someone like Paul Williams can potentially beat him...simply for his punch output and reach advantage. Ricky Hatton can potentially out work him in the sense of using his physical ability of clinching and smuthering in hopes of wearing out Mayweather to allow openings.

4. twenty1

twenty1 Final Destruction Full Member

Jun 2, 2007
    there is no money for a FMJ vs Cotto.....thats real talk

5. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    The best way, is not at the press conference, but thrashing him in the ring; the higher they fly, the harder they fall... and PBF would fall a long way.

6. Ambition_Def

Ambition_Def **** the people. Full Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Options are what make guys like Mayweather so hard to defeat. Someone who has been involved in boxing as long as he has cannot be pigeon-holed into one style.

Basically if you sit back and let him make decisions in the ring you are done.

The guy who beats Mayweather is the guy who is gonna lay it all on the line relentlessly attacking him and not giving him a moment of peace. It will not be a boxing match. It will be a plain brawl by design. Think what DLH did only more commitment and energy.

Hatton may be able to do it but he will need a bit of help from the ref to allow inside holding and hitting. If that happens I believe Hatton will defeat Mayweather.

7. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007

8. Haggis McJackass

Haggis McJackass Semi-neutralist Overseer Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    You won't expose ****. First, all you do is suck on Floyd's dick, so you're just a gay little cheerleader, and your opinion is no more valid than any other scrotum-sucking ******.

Second, Hatton is a significant underdog, and virtually nobody on this board, including the English, are actually picking him to win. So, in all likelihood, Mayweather will win, and then you'll come on this board and scream about how stupid everyone is and how smart you are, when all you've done is back the p4p #1 fighter to win against a clear underdog.

The only thing you will have done is further confirm what an ******* you are.

Now, **** off.

:hat