How to get your stamina up really quick ???

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by thehammer, Jan 13, 2011.

1. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Credit for the humor, and for getting in and sparring when you first started out. I think you'll find that if you tweak your training as suggested you'll get a lot more benefits for putting in the same amount of effort.

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    spar. nothing will get you ready for something for than actually doing it!

3. Ylem

Ylem Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2009
    im going to start doing .5 mile intervals at 10 mph with 3 min rest periods at 3 mph to replace some of my 1 mile interval 3 mile runs and depending on an improvement ill keep doing them.

4. Primate

Primate Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Are you running on a road or on a treadmill?

5. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I'm guessing treadmill. Was going to say there's no way you could tell how fast you're going running down the street, but this is Ylem, anythings possible...

6. doylexxx

doylexxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009

you could be running behind him counting his bodyfat at the same time:yep

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Looks like I've got another stalker.

8. doylexxx

doylexxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    lighten up fruitcake LOL

9. wayneflint

wayneflint Active Member Full Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Ylem, this is unreal, ive tried to talk sense into you despite your arrogance because i feared your confidence would get you hurt or in trouble however this is my last effort, ill try and help anybody who wants help if i can but you cannot be helped. its been a laugh having a dig here n there, so just take my advice or leave it.

Stop going to these boxercise classes and go to a real amature club to fight and sparr, its obvious just watching the bag work you dont sparr or go to a gym (why would u post vids for advice on here) and its obvious you dont want to sparr or go to a gym, so why have you even been training over a year in your garage? you have way too much confidence. go to a real amature club so they can bring you down to earth, you need humbling my friend.

Do you really think you can just pick up boxing by yourself in a year and make it up as you go along? ive been doing martial arts over 16 years, the first time i competed i was 8. I also tried to teach myself a bit of boxing for a while before i went to a gym i didnt stand a chance of figuring **** all out myself and i knew it instantly. what experience have you got in fighting or boxing that makes you think your going to successfully create your own flawless style? lol.

your missing out on everything , technique, tactics, general ring knowledge, your just trying to look like what you think a good boxer looks like and its now troubling you because you dont know why but you know its not right and that you dont match up to everyone else you see boxing, thats why your here on this board. because you know your slow, not in control and weak instead of fast, balanced and strong, you cant punch and cant move, slip or side step, weave, properly, the harder you try to be fast and strong the quicker you gas yourself. Its because you dont know the triggers, the bio mechanics of it all, the rules to obey to be fast and strong with good economy, your not ****ing morpheus you cant manipulate the laws of physics, so as far as technique goes its not everyman hits and does this or that different like youve somehow managed to convince yourself, the rules of technique apply to you too. its like everybody else here is telling you, unless your majorly out of proportion to the average human being then im afraid your technique is wrong. go to a real boxing gym to find some half decent ideas of good technique and tested styles, find the best trainer you can if you want perfect bio mechanics, good luck, so many trainers think theyve got it figured but really havent.. watch out for them ones.

Information thats been passed down by good trainers and tested by champions, tweaked generation after generation through trial and error in the ring against the best, each new trainer or fighter building on the information hes been given by his trainer and their trainer.. passed on for centuries..

**** that Ylem's been messing about on his bag in the garage for a year and hes got it mastered, mayweathers bricking it.

10. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I can't see him taking much notice.

11. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    ^He's at least taking a step in the right direction here, I think.

Edit: Although 3mph is 20 min/mile, so you could probably cut that back to 10-12 min/mile (ie slow jogging/fast walking speed)

12. Ylem

Ylem Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2009
    thanks for the advice ill make sure to go over that with my coach and see what he has to say.

13. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006