How wilder could have won..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingKnowledge, Oct 11, 2021.

1. BoxingKnowledge

BoxingKnowledge New Member Full Member

Aug 27, 2021
    Im a Brit, and a huge Fury fan.
    Obviously I am elated that he won, and I think Wilder is a bit of a dosser.

However, i have always felt I am good at putting myself in a coachs shoes, and putting my own gameplan together for a fighter.

I am keen to see if you agree with what I think would of resulted in the KO for wilder.

In all of Wilders fights I seen, and all of his highlight reel KOS, i cannot really rememer a single instance of him throwing a LEAD right. Expoding off his back foot with a single straight right, (his best shot).

He always covers distance, and ALWAYS throws the right after a jab or a pawing left hook. This is of course that he needs to do and its worked as every opponent before fury is backing away from his hand, so he needed to do that.

Against fury, in fights 2 and 3, it was WILDER going backwards, but he STILL kept on throwing 1-2s, telgraphing the shots, and allowing fury to get his arms up to jam the shot.

This was the time he needed to throw surprise quick lead right hands as fury was on the way in, sort of happned in the first knockdown he scored.

He should of been working on explosive unexpected single straight rights from the back foot.

I feel working on this shot could have won him the fight.

Thoughts?