How will Fury be remembered if Wilder banjo's him?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Infern0121, Sep 18, 2018.

1. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I'll remember him for "Big stiff Idiot" and " 20 plumbers"

2. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    Your girl is still sore from hearns big pole. All 6 feet 5 of him slamming into her dirty fanny. Poor hearn needs to get a check up cos she is a slut.

3. Ali Bomaye-92

Ali Bomaye-92 New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Appreciate your opinion mate, but ill contest that. You can say Fury nullified Wlad on the night, but it wasnt a spectacular performance from Fury imo. AJ v WK was a much better fight, you could argue WK looked better physically in the AJ fight and was an improvement because he was the challenger again and that made him hungrier. The thing AJ has done which Fury has not is defend his titles. Fury won it and then got caught up and lost it. AJ has 5 defences and one of them he accquired a 4th title. Fury and AJ are different athletes, boxers and fighters. Fury is a pugilist , a classic boxer imo, AJ is a modern fighter with classic elements. Nobody will forget that Fury was the champ but he never made it to defened it. AJ has a better record, title defeneces and is the better fighter to market and make money from, hes the complete package almost like a lab created version of everything you need to be the poster boy, KO artsist and film star type athlete. He will fight Wilder at some point, and i dont think it hasnt happened yet because he’s scared, i really dont think its difficult to see why the fight hasn’t materialised yet, Hearn and AJ want the biggest cut, on their terms and dictate the t&c’s and Wilder is hesistant to bow to those conditions and feels he is worth a lot more so he has gone elsewhere for now, inbetween is hearsay and gossip about 50 million and all the rest. It will make sense sooner or later for them to fight and figure a deal that both parties can agree to. I can only predict that the TF v DW either happens and then AJ v DW comes to fruition or the fight doesnt happen and so then AJ V DW is he figt to make next.

Holler likes this.
  4. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Fury's performance was spectacular. If you take it on it's own merit and ignore what happened afterwards I think it will be considered for decades to be one of the great World title performances from a British fighter.

Going over to a 10 year undefeated champions backyard (remember even top guys like Povetkin had home advantage against him) and then comprehensively out boxing him to win a clear points decision on the cards is spectacular.

You could argue Wlad was hungrier against Joshua but you could also argue that his aura of invincibility was shattered as well and he was lacking in the same confidence.

Yes Joshua has the better record and has actually defended his titles but I don't think any of his performaces can be considered as anywhere near as spectacular as Fury's performance was against Klitshcko.

Bellew seems to get a lot of credit for being an underdog and beating an ex champion coming back from an injury enforced retirement at a neutral venue.

Fury did the same against the Unified Champion who was undefeated in over 10 years in his opponents own backyard.

Eggman, Ali Bomaye-92 and jonny v like this.
  5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fury will beat Wilder with relative ease. I can't wait!

jonny v likes this.
  6. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Thing is fury won't lose to wilder

7. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    He might get robbed but he won't lose

8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Stupid for fighting Wilder when he was not ready.

9. Ali Bomaye-92

Ali Bomaye-92 New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Fair points mate, but for me I’m more inclined to favour AJ being dropped and getting back up to finish the fight and show he has heart, can get put on his ass and still get back up and still have the savy to get the W, to me that’s spectacular but I think it’s all done to subjectivity and perspective. I fancy Wilder to KO Fury, his return has been very laboured and unimpressive but I have to give him credit for actually getting back to it, but as many have said he may well be passed his best days because of what happened but fair play for getting back into the fold and getting the figt with Wilder. I just think Joshua holds the aces and should dictate what’s what because he is the unified champ and he is the Lion trying to fend off the hyenas who are starving hungry for gold (so to speak) cheers fella for the perspective !

Shrewd_dude likes this.
  10. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Hopefully realistically.
    I don't believe he has built a legacy.