How will Usyk approach AJ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kiwi Casual, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I don't think it matters...I don't think he's physically big enough for the weight...hope I'm wrong..del boy is a tough night for anyone but he's pretty old I thought usyk would box circles round him ..he didnt..and he didn't look comfortable.

Think this is ajs to lose..if Joshua tries to box usyk probably takes it .if Joshua puts it on him I think he will get the stoppage

The Real Lance likes this.
  2. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Stereotypical thinking is not my thing, sorry.

AND Usyk is way better boxer than AJ.

Oddone likes this.
  3. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Rounds 1-2 - AJ wins this via his jab and reach + Usyk feeling his way into the fight.
    Rounds 3-4 - Usyk starts firing back, someone will land a significant shot, but nothing to write home about
    Rounds 5-6 - I think Usyk will starting winning rounds, and evading some of AJ's shots. May start to take a bit of control.
    Rounds 7-10- Someone is getting knocked down in these rounds, and this will either end in KO or being the difference on the scorecards.
    11-12 - No idea. Depends how 7-10 goes.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  4. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Same here, only I think he gets him out in nine.

Mordechai likes this.
  5. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Usyk and papachenko does not know how big pro boxing game does works in depth.

To win A.J on cards he never will win this one and he does have lesser chances to KO AJ than even " worse " than he boxers he had beat.

If there are no score cards, even beated by Ukraininan Gassiev and Briedis does have more chances to KO A.J than Usyk, especially under Papachenko.

Because sorry, if there no till judges cards, even Makabu is better than Usyk with chances to KO A.J.

Usyk might win this one if A.J really does pack glass or both: will gass and does pack glass.

Yeah, Usyk is better than boxers he had beat.
    Nope he is worse then prime shape Glowacki cos he was not able to KO him.

Usyk is worse than Okolie now and this is reality and worse than Dorticos with chances to KO A.J.

A.J via UD or TKO unless A.J will confirm glass chin and very bad gas tank.

6. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    how tall is ruiz again?

Oddone likes this.
  7. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Ohh, Ruiz is shorter than Usyk and with shorter reach too.
    While Usyk does not have extra fat, fat is thing working well vs A.J.
    268? lbs was good level, 270+ appeared too much.

If Usyk was fat, his chances to KO AJ had increased without any doubts.
    Cards vs A.J in eddie show in UK?

Usyk is not enough fat.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  8. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Usyk is taller and has a longer reach than Povetkin. If Povetkin trained like Usyk does they would be around the same weight.

When Usyk was backstage for the Bellew fight the Sky team said "look at the size of him". He's a big man just not as big as Joshua. . Joshua's size alone can't win this fight. Otherwise Usyk would lose to any SHW regardless of skill and talent.

Usyk has proven to be able to handle guys like Joshua with footwork , speed and awkward punching angles.. Its very possible a boxer like Joshua matches up better to Usyk than a physical swarmer like Chisora.
    Its also likely that Usyk having adapted to HW and facing a greater treat will be a lot better than he was against Chisora.

This fight is not a given for AJ by any stretch. Look back to the Takam fight and watch the difficulty AJ had landing clean on a moving target. Usyk is a lot better and a lot harder to catch then Takam for somebody like AJ

If Usyk gets into a rhythm its all over for Joshua. It may all depend on how long it takes Usyk to adapt. . Joshua could also get a drop early and be up on the cards before Usyk adapts and takes over. AJ might catch him clean early and finish him off... There's loads of ways it could go.
    Usky has the skills to overcome the size disparity. The constant emphasis on size is just a way to remove any credit from Joshoa should he win.. As one guy already stated .. he will give AJ "zero credit" for a win over Usyk

9. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Povetkin was world class am kickboxing prospect. Puncher- kicker type. Later he more had converted into am boxer and was am superstar boxer. His am resume is not worse than Usyk's if take together with am KB.
    Pov was not points fighter in am KB.

Usyk's normal walking around weight I think was like 210-220 lbs, during training camp energy is consumed and like this.
    WBSS era times for Usyk, looks that vs Briedis he most likely was 206-208 lbs in the ring, maybe 209 lbs.

Povetkin's weight usually was 222-228 lbs in pro boxing.

Usyk's style is more like boxer to score fights while I see that he is more willing to fight for KO/TKO than Loma.
    Loma pivots better, prime shape pro Usyk's versions had amazing gas tank, like prime Briedis too.

10. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    He will do everything to make the bodybuilder gassed out

11. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    I think he's going to try to have ''feel'' out rounds early on and i think he's going to try to get Joshua to burn himself out and catch him on the counter.

If he's watched the Ruiz fight and Klitschko fight he's probably anticipating the moment where he may have to try and let Joshua tire himself out trying to ko him.

If Usyk can survive Joshua's onslaught which i think will eventually happen in the mid to late rounds then i think he can win a decision (if he's allowed).

We've not seen Usyk really hurt yet at heavyweight and how his recovery skills will play a part if he does hit the canvas. I feel he may get hurt and not fully recover after he does well outboxing Joshua.

I don't think Usyk will be looking to win by decision as a plan a. I think his plan a is to get Joshua tired and hurt him.

12. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    People tend to forget that usyj faced a lot of real bangers, even for heavyweight level. Breidis, glowacki, huck and of course gassiev are brutal punchers and no one could hurt usyk and everyone scored on him his hailmary punch or even combinations. Yes joshua is a murderous puncher but usyk won't habe a problem with his power, more so with the physical strength and the home referee.

Still going for usyk by late tko

13. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    Papacenko is enough dumb and if Usyk had picked him up.
    Not likely Papacenko even is usable to train a pro boxer, not alone he not likely does have in his brains that A.J if far more usable for big business and with good promoter and from proper country. He isn't Gassiev or Briedis, he is a cash cow. Usyk will not get decision vs A.J.

Loma's dad is one from most unusable pro boxing coaches. Really.

14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This is the only thing that will be said after this fight regardless of the result:

"Fury is going to destroy AJ"

AJ has found a way to look bad in almost all of his bouts in various ways. Surely Usyk of all people won't be the one who makes him look good throughout.

15. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    AJ is gonna have to control the center of the ring and keep Usyk wary of his power. Bodyshots galore.