How would AJ have taken that right hand from Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luizio, May 20, 2019.

1. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    CST80 said yesterday about Wilder and how he can be careful when he wants.Seems to me if he doesn't respect you then he will go all in but I doubt he'd do that against Joshua first up.
    That punch would likely finish anyone

Rockradar likes this.
  2. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    ON THE GLOVES

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  3. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Yeah a telegraphed shot like that one, AJ would clearly avoid and counter. But if he did get caught by it, he'd take a knee like he did against Wlad rather than staying on his feet and taking further punishment.

Angler Andrew and SmackDaBum like this.
  4. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Once again the racist comes around! What a true human being!

5. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Pretty sure if wilder landed a punch like that, AJ would be out. It’s not like he is a defensive master either, so it’s not out of the question this could happen. Wilder is quick and his timing is good with that punch, it’s lethal. AJ needs to start fast and get him out of there quick.

Bonecrusher likes this.
  6. ARMAGEDDON

ARMAGEDDON Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Ok so why are those people not undefeated and or heavyweight champs now? Cause according to people wilder has no skills at all can't box has no chin now his power is not special either lol how the **** does a professional boxer that sucks at literally everything become heavyweight champion?

7. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Would be an agenda thing. Wilder is a great fighter, he’s not a good boxer at all but he definitely has a chin and his power can’t be disputed. Both AJ’s and Wilder’s chins are underrated. AJ got caught as flush as can get by Wlad and he wasn’t immediately put down, he was rocked and went down as Wlad went to follow up and it was the right choice. Wilder has been caught by good shots and never been down.

Angler Andrew and Bonecrusher like this.
  8. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    What that has to do with the fact that you are dumb?

9. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    The bodybuilder would be left a crumpled heap ringside, like Apollo in Rocky 4. And the bomb squad would be dancing over his motionless body, river dance style.

10. Pretty Boy Floyd

Pretty Boy Floyd Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I don't know since i am not AJ's physiological nervous or musculoskeletal system and thus i am unable to formulate a correct answer.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  11. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    That punch looked a lot faster and sounded more brutal than the punch Wlad knocked AJ down with.

Brezel has actually good recovering abilities, that‘s all he ever had going for him and he has some power of the thudding kind due to simply being a big guy with a lot of weight and some big titties of the sagging kind because he weighs so much...

Could AJ take the same punch without at least getting knocked down ?

I seriously doubt it.

12. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Because he is protected and doesn't fight top fighters.

13. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    If Joshua was as flat footed, straight lined, gun-ho sloppy and took the exact punch that flattened god awful Breazeale, then I would imagine it on a par with the Klitschko knockdown and Joshua would make the count.

However, Dom Breazeale walked staight into Wilders right hand and this is something I cannot see Joshua doing. AJ is top 3 in everyones books, Breazeale is a questionable top 10 maybe even 15 and was Joshuas 16th fight.

14. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    The key to beating wilder (if you are not fury) is to back him up and knock him out before he can land one of them right hands.

If he hit AJ with a few of those it's almost inevitable he gets knocked out.

Ortiz showed he can be hurt and even breazeale backed him up slightly before he got sparked.

Joshua just needs to let his hands go early and bang him out before wilder gets a chance.

Arj Guy likes this.
  15. Arj Guy

Arj Guy New Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2013
    If the fight happens I see Joshua put the pressure on Wilder early and knocking him out. Boxing from the outside is too dangerous imo the longer Wilder is in there for the bigger chance he gets to land his big right