How would Anthony Joshua, Usyk and Tyson Fury have fared in the 70s?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, May 3, 2021.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Because Styles make fights. Well Foreman lost to a well past it Ali and got whooped by Jimmy Young of all people so its clear he'll have trouble with the foot speed, slickness and counterpunching of Usyk. Foreman struggled with movers or slick fighters and gased if he couldn't have them out of there by the mid rounds. Its the fact that cruiserweights now are almost the same size as heavyweights then. 200 pound Quarry beat Lyle so it wouldn't suprise me if cruiserweight world champion Breidis could either. Not to say that Usyk would beat Foreman because he has a high guard and has been shown to be susceptible to the body so if Foreman gets him on the ropes he could very well break Usyk down and KO him.

But just saying, Usyk has been fighting 70s sized heavyweights his whole career and became undisputed in that weight class. He doesn't need to conquer 6'4-6'8, 240lb+ giants to prove he'd be a force in the 70s

moydjayweather likes this.
  2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    All 3 highly competitive IMO. None would be undefeated as I could make a case for certain fighters being an obvious favourtite against certain others.

I think all 3 beat Frazier and Norton but probably lose to Ali and Foreman. Fury has the best chance if he keeps it long.

3. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
  4. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    It would have been entertaining I feel.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He`s a lot more skilled.

6. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Fury beats everyone. AJ as well but probably gets chinned by foreman. Frazier, Lyle, Norton, and Foreman could all beat Usyk.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Frazier would test AJ`s chin and throw more punches at him than he`s ever seen, if AJ doesn`t get him out early he will gas, he can`t fight at Frazier`s pace.

8. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne’s life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I took a screenshot of this response. Edited it down to just the Title Question and your response and I will have it framed and placed behind my desk at work.

Last edited: May 4, 2021 at 2:26 PM
    mark ant and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Remind me which heavyweight of good standing has he exhibited those skills

10. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Geez man I’ve already told you a few times that I don’t think Frazier has a chance against AJ, stop trying to convince me it’s not gonna happen

Oddone likes this.
  11. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Put you nostalgia glasses away. Joe Frazier would get raped by chisora.
    Chisora is joe Frazier in big.
    From the 70 era there would only be ali, foreman and Holmes.
    Ali imo losses against Wlad, vitali, Lewis and tyson
    Foreman losses against fury, wlad, vitali, lewis, holyfield, usyk, Holmes
    Frazier losses against everyone from Holmes and tyson till today. Frazier is a heavyweight midget, who was slow as molasses, the opposite of athletic, but tough as nails. Thats all. He could outhustle someone like Haye, but imo even adamek would have beaten him

12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    A heavyweight that exposed Whyte and Parker`s skills.

13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Frazier would battered Parker, Chis islower than Joe was and doesn`t throw as many hooks, no way could Chisora have out-pointed Ali or gone 15 rounds after gassing v Parker.

14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Chisora ? Are you kidding me ? Frazier has already fought a 6'3, 243lb man who was more SKILLED than Chisora named Buster Mathis. Mathis has faster hands and better head movement than Chisora lmao.

A grandfather Foreman went the distance with Holyfield, a prime Foreman would have beat his ass.

Didn't holmes go life and death with a past it Ken Norton ? He would not beat a prime Frazier.

You can favor Aj and Fury over Frazier but Chisora ? Are you deadass ?

15. moydjayweather

moydjayweather New Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2020
    I could see Frazier KOing AJ in spectacular fashion with a counter left hook