How would Gassiev fare at HW?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Feb 16, 2019.

1. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Don’t know what people see in Gassiev, he has nothing going for him except power. He gets spanked by any top 20 HW. He’s young however, so there’s potential for improvement.

Aydamn likes this.
  2. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Miller would steamroll him.

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    “The power he has shown me in the gym sparring against [heavyweights Dominic] Breazeale, Charles Martin, Gerald Washington, Chris Arreola, is very real,” Sanchez said. “All those guys, he’s been able to dominate and hurt. Once we get him to the heavyweight division and stabilize him at 225, 230, and put some muscle on those pounds, he’ll be very effective.''

-- Abel Sanchez

Which HW's ribs did Gassiev break in sparring?

This content is protected

Timestamped

This content is protected

''Ask any given sparring partner who’s been in there with him and they will tell you he’s a small heavyweight who fights like a big heavyweight.

“Murat Gassiev – that motherbeeeper hits hard,” heavyweight contender Chris Arreola said of his experience while training with the Russian banger in Big Bear, California.

The two worked in the same gym space for their recent training camps. Arreola was preparing for his December 12 showdown with Travis Kauffman, a fight he won by split decision. The final outcome was disputed, but Arreola’s energy at fight’s end was attributed to the work he put in during his time in Big Bear, also crediting Gassiev as one of the fighters who pushed him in the gym.

“He caught me in the ribs during one sparring session, I just never been hit like that before,” Arreola admitted. “This was a camp I was already determined to leave as a trim and ready fighter, but I knew I couldn’t half-ass it when he was there. Whenever I saw him in the gym when I arrived, I was like “Beep, not that guy again.” But he makes you work in the gym, he makes you a better fighter.”

'Here is another endorsement. World-class cruiserweight Ola Afolabi (who has sparred both Wlad and Vitali among other HWs) proclaimed that Gassiev is a certified assassin. “Probably the hardest puncher I’ve ever been in with,” said Afolabi, a pro since 2002 and a three-time cruiserweight title challenger ranked No. 10 by THE RING.'

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    You have a real hatred for fleet footed slick southpaws don't you? They really rile you up something fierce. A little too much if you ask me, like... your dislike is borderline creepy.

5. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Is Pacquiao a fleet footed southpaw? Is Loma? Is Cotto? Is Spence? Calzaghe? I am on record as admiring all of them. Hypejobs like your crushes Usyk and Martinez not so much.

Please don’t respond to my posts anymore. Correcting your stupidities makes me feel like I am talking to someone feeble minded or ******ed. Does your institution really let you on the internet like this? Wouldn’t you be better off playing board games or coloring books with the other patients?

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Cotto isn't a southpaw.:deal: And what stupidities are you correcting? I noticed that you conveniently left out the slick part. Spence isn't slick, Pacquiao isn't slick, Calzaghe wasn't all that slick, the only one that could be considered slick in that group is Lomachenko, and he isn't as slick as Usyk. Maybe I should have phrased it fleet footed slick southpaws that dance around the ring a lot and like to counter punch.

How about this, actually make a point once in a while instead of tossing out insults you ****ing child. Of all the people to attack people and call them homos, it coming from a Cotto ***boy like you, that's hilarious, the irony is lost on you evidently.

7. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    once he puts on 50lbs of lard he will be elite HW

umm but without 50lb of lard he is easily koed in 1 round at hw.

8. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think he could do well - today's top heavyweights aren't exactly the greatest technicians and are quite slow on their feet. I give him a decent chance against all of them, except maybe Fury. If those rumors of him KO'ing heavyweights in sparring are true then he should be able to hang with all of them.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I woukd expet Gassiev to beat the likes Wilder, Fury, Miller, Kownkacki and Ortiz. I would expect Gassiev to lose to the likes of AJ, Usyk, Povetkin, Whyte, Pulev and Parker.

10. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I think Gassiev is now getting underestimated. When he moves up he'll be top 10 straightaway IMHO, he's got the chin and power and is sound technically. 6' 3, 225-230 pounds, good power and solid technical skills is top 10 material.

11. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Cotto is a converted southpaw. Look it up, genius. And one of his balls is bigger than your whole head. You can look that up too. The rest of what you said is too stupid to respond to, Mr. “I have to have the Last Word”. Or, actually, the last 10,000 words. No one reads the crap you post.

12. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I think Gassiev should move up and become IBF and WBA mandatory immediately.

The sanctioning boards should recognize his greatness and just give him a titleshot based on is boxingforum24 resume and vouching.

If this doesn't happen, then the sanctioning boards can go **** themselves.

I'm not watching boxing again.

13. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Ive said it for ages now, Gassiev although spanked by Usyk is a ****ing MONSTER. Stylistically no one is coming again at him like Usyk did, no one can do that to him, maybe Fury a wide UD, but unless you got legs, really good legs, you are ****ed...If he don't knock you out he'll give you a career altering hiding ! He would of ripped Bellews jaw clean off, hes one of the reasons he wanted to cash out with Haye and a spanking off Usyk

14. Felix Sanchez

Felix Sanchez Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    What is he up to ? Already taken some time off.

15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He had an injured shoulder which needed surgery.

Birmingham likes this.