How would Naseem Hamed have done against Morales, Pacquaio & Marquez?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rudy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Rudy

Rudy New Member banned Full Member

Nov 18, 2017
    I think he'd have lost all three and tgey would been as one sided as the Barrera fight were, and one or two of them wouldve probably KO'd him too. No wonder he retired, it was clear he couldn't compete with the elite.

Howitzer1888 and Braindamage like this.
  2. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Loses to all of them.

kk17, Rudy, Salty Dog and 3 others like this.
  3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Agreed! Hamed was a very gifted fighter, but he was flawed defensively in terms of proper technique. If he was to get in there with a guy like Marquez who had excellent timing and could cut the ring off, Hamed's defensive short comings would have become apparent, much like in his fight with Barrera. That being said, I could see Marquez and Morales hitting the floor. Hamed's angles and awkward style did give him offensive opportunities.

4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Losses to all 3... But there's just something about the color GREEN, don't cha think?

5. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Losses. ,hammed is a bum

6. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    If Hammed's left hand didn't fall apart on him I think he could've potentially beat all three, but without his power he gets easily outboxed by all three. I noticed in the Barrera fight Hammed was barely using his left hand. If that left hand were still good I don't think Barrera would've won that fight.

7. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Pacquiao by KO
    Morales by KO
    Marquez by KO

Rudy and JohnnyDrama99 like this.
  8. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Nah.. Pac might get the KO DUE to an accumilation of punches, But Morales and JMM would likely decision NAZ... Naz was pretty durable despite the flash KD'S he dealt with in a hand full of fights.

9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    All 3 beat him. But he by no means a bum.

Strangely enough i think he has the best chance vs 126lb Pacquiao (still think he loses) as he would always struggle with boxers with great fundamentals who weren't afraid of him