How would Wilder do vs. a MMA Fighter?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by TheDon!, Jul 13, 2017.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Cro Cop had a pretty good amateur boxing background... Faced some top European talent at the time and topped it off at 48-8. Anyways, we can only compare amateur careers since Cro Cop never ventured into the pro ranks. But in a purely amateur sense, I see nothing absurd about claiming Cro Cop could beat Wilder amateur for amateur h2h. Cro Cop certainly has more crisp and textbook striking than Wilder... That's for sure.

mirkofilipovic and BCS8 like this.
  2. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Well done, you know your fighters. Cro Cop was indeed a boxer that transitioned to MMA; I was hoping to unleash that factoid should some of the usual suspects come stirring sht.

I rate Filipovic's hands highly. He outstruck Miller with the hands imho, and Jarrell was touted as a credible threat to Wilder by some. He also imho beat the great Andy Hug, largely with fists, which is no mean feat.

3. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Wilder has made more money than 99.9% of MMA fighters he chose the right sport.

The Wilder Browne comparisons are off. Wilder is a World Champion no easy feat.

4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Yeah, I probably could. :boxing1

5. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    In a boxing match he would send them all to the grave. And you all haters would be claiming that he's fighting bums because... well, because they are bums with no F idea about how to throw a punch.

6. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    In a boxing match he wins, MMA he loses.

I do think someone of his dimensions could become a top MMA fighter though. I think there will be a "Jon Jones" for the HWs at MMA, who utilizes his height and reach perfectly to dominate.

7. Buck50

Buck50 New Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Deontay Wilder vs Stefan Struve

8. PolishNavy

PolishNavy Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Wake up dude. Deontay won an Olympic medal. Very rare for American male boxers for the last 3 decades. Travis Browne against the best HW on the planet.
    Your mental man.

9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    When did I say anything about Wilder vs. Browne? I merely compared their athletic careers and remarked on the fact that Browne started training combat sports later than Wilder did, also mention that Browne has faced WAY better opposition within the realm of his own sport than Wilder has.. Go look up Wilders Olympic run... Nothing impressive about it at all. Work on your reading comprehension.... Wilder is a joke, best HW on the planet? PFFFFFFFT. Because he beat your guy Szpilka? LOL.

10. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yeah ok fantasy boy.

DougTheThug likes this.
  11. TJ Max

TJ Max Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Anybody with experience in the ring can tell you that a guy with Wilder's physical structure and power is a nightmare to fight.

He's be incredibly dangerous. Since you said it was a boxing match, he would wreck everyone.

12. TJ Max

TJ Max Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2013
    I think so too. When a guy like Wilder, with his dimensions and athleticism, and particularly his power, can put it together, he's a nightmare for anyone.

13. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016

Wilder wouldnt last 3 minutes if that with this guy..........

This content is protected

BCS8 likes this.
  14. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    You wake up moron. Wilder won I fight to get that Bronze and it was via count backs vs some Algerian. He then lost 7-1 to Clemente Russo and got eliminated. Russo then lost in the final to Chakhiev in probably the weakest 201 category in recent Olympic memory.

I love all these boxing groupies who crap all over MMA but never done it or even tried boxing for that matter. They are just fan boys projecting.

Wilder would get humiliated in MMA, he does not even a diverse boxing tool chest so how the Hell could he even train MMA?

15. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Can you imagine someone like Werdum or Minakov slapping a knee bar on one of those twig legs of Deontey's :D Lol

Rudy and Kevin Willis like this.