How Would You Rate Mayweather, H2H, at Each Weight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by George Crowcroft, Mar 28, 2021.

1. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    For whatever it is worth...Hearns didn’t think that he would stop Floyd:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.*****.net/2020/10/14/thomas-hearns-floyd-mayweather/amp/

Boxing legend Thomas ‘Hitman’ Hearns revealed what strategy he’d use if he ever came up against the great Floyd Mayweather inside the ropes.

Mayweather, who claimed the WBN Fighter of the Decade for 2010 to 2020 – awarded in 2021, is revered with the all-time best.

Hearns was himself part of an everlasting legacy of fighters involved in the greatest rivalry of all time during the 1980s.

On what his strategy would be in a fight against Mayweather, Hearns told Lem Satterfield for The Ring Magazine: “Against me, I would have to respect him.

I think that he could go the distance with me. I would have to out-think him and definitely out-jab him. He’s a shorter man. So he can’t get to me.

“I would have to keep the jab on him and keep him at a distance. Force him to use his head movement all of the time. Somewhere down the line, I would probably hit him with a couple of right hands.

I would probably get him with a good right hand if not an average right hand. If I was to go to the body, you know that might play into what he is probably trying to do strategically.

“I think that if I got closer to him trying to land a body shot, that would be what he wants. So I think that my best thing would be to stay on the outside and box him.

But I think that he could go the distance with me.”

Rumsfeld likes this.
  2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Humble man. He, and we, all know that he'd destroy Floyd.

3. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    135 nobody beating whitaker my friend

4. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    154 prime winky beats him i think even vernon forrest with his jab and grab style would be hard for floyd

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Sounds like he`s thinking about the Benitez fight which makes sense.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He knows how good Floyd is and knows he can’t destroy Floyd. Nobody did nobody can. Both of them come from Detroit, Michigan in the Mid-West USA were the best boxers in the world come from.

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Floyd was like Benitez but even better because he was dedicated and trained hard all the time.

8. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Juiced hard as well.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Never failed a drugs test nor was he a puncher harder at higher weights like some we are suspicious of.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Aussie Invader and Pimp C like this.
  10. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    But he did privately contract his drug testing and he did receive illegal IV fluids. And Floyd didn't have concussive punching power, but he did have an endless tank, rarely breathed hard in the corner, and was impossibly strong for his size (see him ragdoll Mosley like a 90 pound chick in her first gang bang).

11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    He should had gained more muscles and then add fat and then put all opponents on xxxx clauses.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    So weak and your statements are full of lies as usual! He had an endless tank because he was dedicated and trained hard. Hard work is easy work for Floyd. He was physical extremely strong. Mosley was not the only person he rag dolled if you want to use that term. Inside fighters like Hatton and Maidana thought they could bully him on the inside but my man a product of the Mid-West USA with the best boxing schools producing the best fighters showed them he was a complete fighter who had his own tricks of fighting on the inside. I still laugh at Hatton complaining Floyd was roughing him up on the inside. These so called macho guys like Kessler and Ward thought they could bully Andre Ward on the inside only to find out he was a better boxer and fighter than them on the inside and in the trenches in fact at every facet of the game.

13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I give Floyd a lot of crap but young Floyd was really special. He could hood his own against any fighter. Duran Floyd would be a great one. I typically don’t speculate on historical HTH matchups especially at this level (okay, I did speculate about Tua Wilder but neither is in the ATG team photo).

Older Floyd was a different matter. He changed after his hands started to decline. Still effective and great but a different style fighter. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t bet against young Floyd versus anyone at 135-140. In the ring, he earned his stellar reputation.

Aussie Invader and Olu G. Rotimi like this.
  14. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah.

Didn't he lowed horsemeat and nice fresh natural juice?
    He really is cool and great. Might he had added more body mass with muscles and atfer this fat?
    PBF Floyd was cool.

Jackman65 and Olu G. Rotimi like this.
  15. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Floyd had private contracts with a drug testing company that he selected.

Floyd used illegal IVs.

Both are facts that, try as you may, your emotions cannot alter this reality.

I thought you was a lawyer?

Loudon, Surrix and Jackman65 like this.