Hrgovic back in action, scores a big KO in round 2.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mendoza, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    From fight news:

IBF #6, WBC #9, WBO #15 heavyweight Filip Hrgović (11-0, 9 KOs) had little trouble with late sub Alexandre Kartozia (8-2-1, 7 KOs) on Saturday night at the Struer Energi Park in Denmark. A crushing Hrgovic right hand laid out Kartozia in round two.

I saw the KO. It was a one punch variety that left the opponent down for quite some time. There was no need for a count. Hrgovic needs to stay active every three months until he can secure a match with the top rated guy who's willing to meet him in the IBF, WBC, and WBO.

Holler, PhillyPhan69 and heerko koois like this.
  2. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    A couple more fights then step up for hrgovic.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    A couple more? Hrgovic is starting to regress due to the quality of his opponents. He’s stopped moving his head, he’s not been required to use a jab and is just walking forward throwing big right hands because nothing is in front of him. There’s been zero development since the amateurs and he needs a live opponent very soon. For those who don’t know, his opponent Alexandre Kartozia was ranked 652nd in the world but was a late replacement for a fighter who’d been inactive for nearly 6 years.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Eastern Iron, Geo1122, Holler and 6 others like this.
  5. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Hrgovic wasn't at his sharpest due to covid-19 icing boxing and a late sub in opponent, but his power was certainly there.

Maybe his chin is so good ( proven in the gym too ) that his philosophy and confrontational style is I'm going to get you, counters be damed, they don't bother me! He is very accurate with his punches, and that's important. Keep in mind he's never been down, or needed to clinch to recover from being hurt as an amateur or pro.

On defense, he has a quick step backward, and some head movement when he focuses on it. I think he needs to stay active every three months.

There has been quite a bit of development since the amateurs. Regarding quality of opponents, he's highly ranked already, who rated above him or near him in the IBF, WBC, and WBO wants to fight him?

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  6. pico11

pico11 New Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2018
    next month he will fight Rydell Booker, and in december he will fight on Joshua- Pulev card, probably with someone in IBF top 15.
    He said after fight zhat he aim IBF ranking, and oponents in IBF top 15

7. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Booker who just went ten rounds with Pulev, and Franklin in 2019, losing the decisions is a solid ramp up pick. A TKO/KO here would mean something as he has never been stopped. Sometimes these warm up fights are necessary. If Pulev upsets Joshua, picking Hrgovic for his first title defense can happen.

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Good to hear. If Hrgovic can squeeze in 3 fights in the last quarter of 2020 it will make up for a lot of his inactivity. Looks like there's going to be an increase in quality from fight to fight too so that's a positive.

lepinthehood likes this.
  9. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    This is the fight Usyk should be taking. But I guess Chisora will have the privilege of dealing with that puny cruiserweight. Lol

10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Worried about him. Needs to step up.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  11. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    This content is protected

Hrgovic V Joyce preview :)

Badbot likes this.
  12. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    A couple more fights and he will have an unwarranted title shot.

13. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    :facepalm: Yeah. Real puny. Usyk is taller than Chisora.

chico g likes this.
  14. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    What? He's better than most title opponents these days. I don't think Joshua or Fury wants him next. I'd love to see Fury vs Hrgovic, the big goof will have to fight back on Hrgovic's terms and lacks the chin to win tough fights. Fury's power is bothering Hrgovic at all, but the reverse will be true, and Hrgovic has hard body shots. Maybe one day we'll see if the fleshy PED Fury can take it.

If Fury thinks he can win they way he beat an old Wlad, he'll be in for a shock. I see no need for Fury vs Wilder 3.

15. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Very well placed right hand. The opponent gave Hrgovic a wide open target putting his left out straight like that but non the less a very nice shot and KO