Hrgovic back in action, scores a big KO in round 2.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mendoza, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    So you are fine with Hrgovic fighting bums to get a title shot?
    He is already highly ranked despite a lack of resume.

Just another heavyweight who gets a title shot without beating anyone in the top 10.

2. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    His competition relative to his title fights is good and he's ranked highly based on how he beat them.

I don't think ANY non champion in the top ten will fight him. That's boxing these days. The heavyweights getting title shots these days are old men, or the not very good to begin with. He's neither.

As long as he beats top 30 types impressively, given his ability I'm him getting a title shot.

3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am not going to take cheap shots, but explain to me why he didn't fight Bakole again?

ideafix12 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Hrgovic is a KO waiting to happen, unless he has a granite chin. His (obviously frightened) opponent hit him regularly with a left hook, after timing his lazy, slow right hand. A smart HW like Povetkin would figure him out and KO him badly.

ideafix12 and catchwtboxing like this.
  5. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Fury schools Hrgovic
    Hrgovic had problems with Molina

6. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Good KO, but whatelse do you expect... the opponent was low, clearly disadvantaged in size, power, speed, skill and more.

Hrgovic isn't really at top level yet, but he's on his way. He should fight the winner or loser of Joyce-Dubois. Or maybe Bryant Jennings would be a decent fight for him. Dave Allen or David Price could be an option, too.

7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He's not going to ge the winner of Joyce-Dubois. If Dubois wins (if the fight even comes off) he'll be fighting Usyk for the vacant WBO belt pretty soon.

Allen and Price are good shout outs. He needs to beat mid-level guys.

8. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yeah, I mean he could fight the loser of Dubois-Joyse aswell. Hughie Fury another name to mention.

9. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Hrgović needs a real fight, Booker is a bigger challenge but he doesn't have too much of a chance, I hope that Hrgovic will get a chance against someone from Top 20...

10. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Great upload thanks

lepinthehood likes this.
  11. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Hughie V Hrgovic would be strangely interesting. We'd find out a lot more about both men.

Veys9 and ideafix12 like this.
  12. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hrgovic body is filling out nicely now, very good performance, Hrgovic looks like he will be the man in a few years

Mendoza likes this.
  13. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I think not. Fury doesn't have a good chin, he's lucky to be fighting people who can't hit it. Let's see him take Hrgovic's body shots or head shots. As I mentioned before, Hrgovic has an iron body and conformation style, with very good accuracy.

Remember a older Cruiser weight had Fury down and hurt. That is part of his resume, what would a bigger puncher do with greater accuracy?

Molina was down 3 times and Ko'd within three rounds. How is this a problem? Like I said before Hrgovic is willing to leave himself open to a counter or two as long as he can land his heavy shots, that's not trouble, its his style.

14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

15. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Rpeorted he turned down a very tough challenge in Bakole. Really needs a step up in his next fight . Any of Hughie, Price, Babic, Kuzmin, Helenius or Zhang would be a step in the right direction.

ideafix12 likes this.