Hrgovic has said before that he wants a fight with the winner of Dubois vs Joyce.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hunter stopped Kiladze in 5, the same amount of rounds it took Joe Joyce, the savage punching Ajagba who Kiladze dropped hard, and one round quicker than it took Kownacki

Hunter also stopped the unbeaten savage punching Bakole in 10 despite the later being way bigger than him and having over 40lbs on him

He stopped Ustinov in 9 despite the later having over 66lbs on him

And Hunter dropped the tough unbeaten Kuzmin hard too who had 37lbs on him and blew right through the 25lbs heavier and never before previously stopped Fabio Maldonado in just 2 rounds, the same Maldonado who in his previous two fights had lasted the distance against Oscar Rivas, Oleksandr Teslenko and after fighting Hunter lasted the full route against Carlos Takam too. Takam praised Maldonado's toughness after the fight

And of course Hunter hurt the teak-tough Povetkin badly a couple of times. Granted Povetkin was way past his best and his punch resistance not what it once was but that was a better and tougher version than the shot shell who fought Whyte. The Hunter fight took a significant amount out of Povetkin.

So Hunter hits hard enough to hurt, drop or stop all these HWs who are much heavier than him and you can ask of the UK's top HWs about Bakole and they'll all tell you he's the real deal because they've either experienced what it's like to share a ring with him or they've seen or heard about what he's done behind closed doors.

2. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    All right. A good reply. You changed opinion on him a little as Kuzman is durable, and so it Povetkin. Wasn't the Baloke stoppage due not to him being down, but to an injury?

3. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks

This content is protected

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Good post, I've always rated Hunter but didn't really think of him as a puncher at all but the way you've laid it out has convinced me he hits hard enough at heavyweight to concern pretty much everyone.

Serge likes this.
  5. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks. Yeah he might not be a one punch put you to sleep kind of guy but then again to be fair neither are Fury and AJ. However, he's proven he can hurt, drop or stop way bigger fighters (and tough ones at that) than himself with singles or two or three big shots in combination and his obviously his speed advantage enables him to land at a higher consistency than they can on him too.

6. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Honestly, Hunter would give someone like Whyte hell.

Serge likes this.
  7. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    He'd KO him

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  8. znalniaskas

znalniaskas Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yes, my money would be un Hunter. Whyte has been hurt by every decent hitter he has faced and Hunter is also a skilled boxer. Hunter seems to be one of the few guys who become bigger punchers when they move up.

Serge likes this.
  9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Now your going off track a bit. AJ can be a be a 1 punch type of guy.

I think Hunter is a top ten heavyweight, but I still say he's too small, and not an elite level boxer. He has maxed himself out to his credit. But is he suited vs a skilled super heavyweight in his prime.

Usyk showed Hunter could be out boxed. I think vs a longer armed power hitter Hunter's game is limited. If he fights a chinny heavyweight or a gassed one ( like Baloke ) , the power he has seems to be enough.

10. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I’d say Hunter definitely stops him. Unless he gets caught by Whytes left hook that could lay anyone out

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I'm not. AJ has never slept anyone, let alone done so with one shot. I'm not for one second suggesting that he doesn't wield huge power or that Hunter hits as hard as him because that would be silly. But the truth is not a lie.

Maldonado is not chinny and he wasn't gassed after just one round of action. Neither is Kuzmin.

Everyone can be out boxed when Usyk's the one doing the boxing.

12. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    That was quite an interesting summary of Hunter's recent bouts. Thought he was - at best - an average puncher at HW.

Makes a past prime Povs draw w/him more impressive. Hunter hasn't fought in about a year. At 32 what's he waiting for?

Serge likes this.
  13. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah he can definitely punch a bit

Povetkin's got a huge heart and warrior spirit and he did really well to withstand that early blitz by Hunter which he wasn't expecting and battle back from it and push Hunter down to the wire at his age. Hunter would've finished an awful lot of HWs with a early barrage like that.

Hunter's a free agent at the moment so I think he's trying to sort something out on that front.

14. derrick

derrick 6ft4 215 bring it on Full Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Hrgovic is to easy to hit and his power is overrated. Hrgovic will be exposed once he steps up. He is just to easy to hit.

15. cornwall22

cornwall22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Hrgovic is stiff as a board, Joyce tags him up easily. Needs much more work to even get close to world level. Could make Hrgovic-Yoka soon, both very unflattering as professionals.