Hrgovic or Dubois

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    who do you got in this match up?

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'd pick Hrgovic right now. Think he has better boxing skills and is durable enough to eat the odd big shot, while I'm not convinced Dubois could take Hrgovic's shots as well.

But you never know, both are open to right hands and Dubois does hit awfully hard from what we've seen so far. But I think right now Hrgovic is the more complete fighter.

Slowhand and Somali Sanil like this.
  3. The Underdog

The Underdog Member banned Full Member

Aug 6, 2020
    DDD. Hrgovic too easy to hit with a right hand.

ideafix12 likes this.
  4. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Hrgovic is very talented, world champ in the making imo. I think he has a hard fight with Dubois but prevails inside the distance

5. ideafix12

ideafix12 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
  6. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
  7. moydjayweather

moydjayweather Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2020
    Hrgovic KOs him. Dubois would be eating that right hand all night. I think Hrgovic has a better chin and would be able to take his shots until Dubois gasses

8. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Dubois is UK based. They had good fans and a domestic stable, so it's easier to move him and get opponents to build upon. Watching DDD, he's clearly good. Among the best 5 heavyweight prospects, I think. But he's also tightly wound, average on defense, and I predict will have chin issues once tagged. While Dobois is a super heavyweight, he's not ultra skilled and for a man 6'5" tall, and his reach of a listed 78" is s tad short these days by the standars of who the champions are.

By contrast, Hrgovic is 6'6" with a listed reach of 82". If you have a shorter reach, by such a disparity, you are going to need to work your way in with defense, footwork, and counters. I have not seen much from DDD in these areas, maybe because he hasn't fought anyone who presents such challenges. He can punch hard for sure.

Hrgovic, who is very accurate, hit hards and has a rock for a chin KO's him.

I wish Hrgovic would use his jab a bit more to set this up as he has a good one and develops a block and counter move or a bit move to catch someone coming in. He fights like he wants to win every moment of the round. IMO, he'd be better off if he took a more measured approach at times. He has an excellent hook to the body for a big guy, which will be key if he faces a tall, swift guy like Fury and plenty of power.

Maybe they will fight one day with a world title belt on the line.

9. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    How is everyone predicted that Dubois will have chin issues when we've not seen him tagged never mind buzzed ? lol

Bukkake likes this.
  10. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    That's a good question, like I said he's tightly wound and those types usually do not take a good punch. His face is puffy and you can hardly see his chin line, not exactly ideal. I've been watching heavyweight boxing for 30 years. Although I don't want to say it's a big factor, he hail's from the Isle of glass jawed heavyweights. How big is his neck, just asking. You need 17 1/2 or better in my opinion to take a good punch, though there are exceptions.

He was tagged, lets use his own words.

"Looking back on his war at Wembley, Dubois is unfazed over the fact he tasted leather for pretty much the first time as a pro. “Yeah, but it is a fight though and if you are not exactly sharp and on point in getting your head out of the way then you are going to get clipped,” he reasoned. “I got clipped, but no big deal, I got through it and came back firing on all cylinders

If you use this content, you legally agree to credit World Boxing News and backlink to our story [url]Daniel Dubois unfazed by chin-check, ‘made him sharper’[/url] | [url]WBN - World Boxing News[/url] "

[url]https://www.*****.net/2019/06/29/daniel-dubois-unfazed-chin-check-made-sharper/[/url]

^^Gorman isn't a puncher. If Dubois thinks he got clipped by Gorman, he's in for a shock vs a puncher. He has not been hit by anything in the AM's. As such his chin is unproven on the lower levels.

11. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    DDD is only what 22/23? At 26/27 he is going to be outstanding.

Right now 50/50