Huge credit to Joyce. I was wrong.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kiwi Casual, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is true. The UK is the spiritual and ancestral home of boxing, the current epicenter of HW and women's boxing, and it's Warrior Central.

And it is indeed also true that Kiwis and Aussies do blend in and adept easily to life over here - I myself have known many and met tons of them and I've always found them to be good people. But J-Park was very much the away fighter in all those fights and the deck was stacked against him.

Murderers' Row and Kiwi Casual like this.
  2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    It takes guts to admit you were wrong so props for that.

Saying that, Parker even in defeat did way better than I imagined he would. It was sort of reminiscent of Wilder's performance in the third Fury fight. Even though he took a shellacking he didn't go down without a fight.

Big respect to both men.

Kiwi Casual likes this.
  3. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    First off they are fiercely competitive hell yeah, but overall unless it is the All Blacks rugby team, if they lose then they have a outlook similar to that of Boris Becker, the tennis player who having been Wimbledon champ for 2 successive years, lost early on in the next years competition, which caused media and fans to go OTT about it, his response was,
    "I haven't lost a war, No one got killed, it was just a lost tennis match".

Kiwi Casual likes this.