Hughie Fury vs. Chris Norrad - 25th May

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, May 8, 2019.

1. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    A Doberman, called Roy.

Twentyman likes this.
  2. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yup fair call there. Crap opponent but yeah, he's on the rebuild so he needs a few wins.

Holler and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
  4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    A bit of further context would be that Hughie has been a pro for more than six years and his career now appears to be progressing at a glacial rate. He's won one fight in three years.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Fair point
    His progression has been shockingly slow for some reason
    However in light of the two recent defeats id say this kinda fight makes sense.... For now

He really is at a career crossroads

6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Is it really that bad that you have to fight someone unknown who’s ranked 260 in the world and Hughie is in the top 20? That doesn’t seem at all right to me, surely the bbboc shouldn’t allow it.

Hughie could be fighting someone like sokolowski and then challenge the price/Allen winner

7. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    It feels like he's after the bigger fights but has no interest in the step below that. He either fights proper contenders like Pulev and Parker or just very strange picked out of thin air nobodies like this guy.

He should be a name bang in the mix with the likes of Dubois, Joyce and Gorman, even Price and Allen, but he's like the invisible man.

Camaris, BXNG101 and destruction like this.
  8. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    After a come back win absolutely
    I honestly couldnt predict what direction he will go in next

One off the oddest careers ive seen

Camaris likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    After a come back win absolutely
    I honestly couldnt predict what direction he will go in next

One of the oddest careers ive seen

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    So true, he should be knocking Frank Warrens door down right now.

11. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I've no issues with him fighting a pushover at this stage. It's not like he's very relevant at the time, so he juat needs to rebuild. If his name would have been William Smith while having had the same career, not many would have questioned this opposition because nobody really cared.

Holler likes this.
  12. AJH

AJH Member Full Member

Jul 5, 2018
    No issue with it as long as he's back out within a couple of months against a better opponent as oppose to back out in October/November..

13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Some fans are relentless. Hughie has fought two of the best in the world in his last three fights. He came up short, picking up a bad eye injury in the second one. After a layoff, I'm sure he just wants to get under the lights again, blow off some cobwebs and pick a handy stoppage win. It's on free to air TV in a tiny venue. Nobody is getting ripped off. What's the problem? We know his opposition will improve and we know he'll take on the better guys in the division again.

14. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Do we know his opposition will improve though?

Who's the best opponent he's actually beaten? Kassi? A past his best Sexton? I don't get it - if he's ready and able to face Parker and Pulev he should be in the mix for fights against the likes of Dubois, Joyce and so on. But he or his team don't seem interested.

15. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It's a run out after a bad eye injury. Nothing more, nothing less. His level of opposition thus far is better than most heavyweights so if his career up to now is anything to go by, yes, of course his opposition will improve. I'm not saying he'll beat the better guys in the division, but he'll obviously have another go. Chap is only 24 or 25.