Hughie signs for Matchroom

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BiggieL, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    A sad existence.

2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I feel sorry for Hughie, just so poorly managed. Never fiught a top 50 HW and they put him in tiyle fight against a top 10 fighter in Patker then another solid top 10 against Pulev. Now another solid top 10 HW in Povetkin. With Tyson they atleast wait3d for him to make a impressive pwformance against Chisora (who levels above anyone Hughie has beaten)before putting him in a title fight.

I like Hughie to cause an upset and beat Povetkin as that win would shoot him right up the rankings. However I don't see it happening.

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Only seem to see him on anything Tyson/Hughie/Billy-Joe related. Can’t bring himself to be objective or balanced.

4. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    If he moves like he did against Parker and throws more he will win

Scissors likes this.
  5. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    This is a great fight, Hughie should get more credit than he is getting.

If he wins this fight, his career will take off!

Scissors and emallini like this.
  6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I hope so, but hes never fought anyone ( not even Parker) that comes close to possessing the punch power that Povetkin does.

I'd love the winners of following fights to fight each other:

Hunter vs Kuzmin
    Povetkin vs Hughie

7. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I hope Hughie does well, he's as hard as they come so all this talk on social media of Povetkin sparking him, Price style, is rubbish in my opinion. By the time Povetkin finds any range he'll be tiring, Hughie may not be that pleasing on the eye but he knows what he's doing. Put any of the top heavyweights in the ring with Pulev, with a big cut above their eye that's impairing their vision, and see how they get on.

hammertime and mgmark7 like this.
  8. Sampneb

Sampneb Active Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2018
    Depends on how much Povekin has left? I still favour Povekin but if Hughie can get through the early rounds, he certainly has a chance.

EJC83 likes this.
  9. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I'm a paid Matchroom employee you idiot. Why would I criticise Hughie Fury? He's our latest signing!

Scissors, Furious and Sampneb like this.
  10. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I'm pretty certain that will be Hughies first objecive, stay out of range and play it safe for the first 4-5 rounds, then take the calculated risks when needed, he'll wear Povetkin down, get accused of stinking the place out but he'll get the win and add a name to his record.

Sampneb likes this.
  11. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Against the elite I don't see Hughie ever winning a fight which isn't a stinker. You'll get the usual suspects pretending the whole reason they got into boxing was to watch non-punching heavyweights flapping around throwing about five punches a round, but to everyone else he'll be horrifically boring.

destruction likes this.
  12. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    You're probably right but he has to play to his strengths he's never going to go toe to toe with anyone remotely dangerous, he may become slightly more entertaining with experience though, although I'm not going to hold my breath!

13. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hughie ‘like I say’ Fury is getting smashed!

14. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Did anyone at the presser ask about Tyson?

15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Just got round to seeing Big Peter Fury's interview with Umar IFL Umar this week. Absolutely brilliant to hear that Hughie and Peter are retaining Fat Mick Hennessey as Hughie's manager. In Peter's words "We don't leave anybody behind". Loyalty actually means something to Peter Fury. That's another chunk of Hughie's purse money that will be going to someone who, let's be honest, is no longer needed, particularly because Hughie is already managed by MTK. I wish Peter and Hughie all the success going forward with Matchroom. True fighting men with honour, loyalty and respect for the sport.