Hughie trying to get fight moved from New Zealand

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by speedbaggage, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    And this was predicted by many as soon as the fight was signed!
    With team Fury's travel delays, trying to get the fight (and advantage) moved to the UK, and hardly any banter coming from the Fury camp, a blind man could see this coming from a mile away.

Injured my ass!
    The WBO must see this too and remove Hughie from the contender spot

2. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Peter Fury blew their credibility on Thursday when he said he was going to do a video with IFL to explain the "antics going on with Parker fight."

It sounds like they had already decided to pullout on Thursday, and there was no mention of an injury then.

KiwiMan, madballster, Cdg and 2 others like this.
  3. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    TerryESB where are you? :) looks like David Price and now Hughie Fury have abandoned you :)

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah this was obviously going to happen. WBO should have Hughie examined by an independent doctor to confirm the injury and if it's fake he should be dropped from their rankings for pulling this ****.

KiwiMan, Cdg, Rockradar and 1 other person like this.
  5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is most likely a fake injury, there was something they didn't like about the fight. I have no idea what it could have been. Why did they sign this when they had concerns about making the fight?

No big boxing promoter will deal with the Fury family for a long time now. They lost a massive amount of credibility between the two cousins.

6. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I think it's all a smoke screen to hide the fact they are banned for doping. When Tyson was suspended and unable to fight he went through the motions of making a fight with Wlad then to hide the fact he was suspended faked that ankle injury. This is an exact carbon copy of that con.

Hughie has been able to fight since July last year after he recovered from his supposed illness which once again was timed nicely with his suspension so once again hid the fact he wasn't able to fight. Why hasn't he fought since? He talked a lot, called people out, then always demanded too much cash to kill negotiations.

7. Astaxanthin

Astaxanthin Active Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    I had a feeling it wouldn't happen, although part of me thinks maybe he is injured because there's no reason not to fight. It was to be his biggest pay day and for a world title.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return to the ring until July on the Saunders undercard, by which time it would have been 15 months since his last fight.

8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Definitely a smoke screen for the drug failed tests.

All the posturing regarding every potential fight should have been a red herring.

Then you have the acne and that should tell anyone that this boy's body was pumped full of roids that he had a reaction to.

9. TerryESB

TerryESB The Final Boss Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Alright thats it thread over! CTS80 close the thread. The bouts off, lets discuss other subject matter.

At least I remembered to record the Tommy Langford fight on DVR before I went out. I'm gonna watch that now. Tommy Langford vs Billy Joe Saunders will be a rather spectacular World Title fight

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  10. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    :deal:

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Fury had the chance to fight Joshua for a payday, yet turned it down.

He isn't injured, he is A cowardly drug cheat who knew Parker would do a job on him.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    kriszhao likes this.
  12. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I've pieced the truth together from the available evidence:

Tyson Fury announced a short while ago that he'd be returning to the ring in May.

The Parker-Hughie fight was scheduled for May.

Team Furry planned to do a switcheroo and pull Hughie out of the fight, claiming either injury or another case of worms, and put Tyson in with Parker.

The dispute came down to airline tickets. The promotion paid for four coach section seats. Even if those are all together on the same row, Tyson Fatty cannot fit in such tight quarters. In fact, at this stage he cannot even squeeze through the doorway of a commercial flight.

Team Furry secretly demanded that the promotion provide a berth on a whaling ship to get Tyson to New Zealand, but the promotion drew the line.

What we're seeing is the fallout.

(LOL at the whole idea of a "Traveler" who's scared to travel and fight in someone else's homeland -- Hughie probably doesn't even know where the family caravan is set up right now. A traveler who won't travel, what a joke. Punk b*tch.)

kriszhao likes this.
  13. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Lol what happened to your Hughie?

14. Astaxanthin

Astaxanthin Active Member Full Member

Dec 28, 2014
    From what Peter and Hughie said the AJ offer wasn't really a payday, they said it was low. Hearn never responded to the claims the offer was low.

As for him being injured I'm not sure what to believe.

I just read this:

15. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Ducos lost a lot of money already. WBO president looks like he's lost control. Furys lost credibility. Theres no fight for them. You can't keep changing things up.