Hurd vs Williams peaks at 2.1 million

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, May 14, 2019.

1. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Eh... I maintain, someone who spent the night backing up against one and almost drew with the other due to not kicking it up a notch in their fight, probably shouldnt be talking about their lack of action, regardless of the excuses as to his reasons for his performances.

Just imo though.

Badbot likes this.
  2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I did tune in from my hospital bed and I was entertained
    good fight great figures

Chuck Norris likes this.
  3. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Who would of predicted that?!

kirk likes this.
  4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Hard to risk it if you are getting punched in the face.
    This is something that people don't seem to realize. If you are missing and eating counters, you will turn down the volume. It's inevitable.
    This applies to even the most offensive minded fighters as well.

5. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    And Lemmy as well. He threw bombs, but only at the most opportune moments.
    Brilliant boxer but a hypocrite in that regard.

kirk likes this.
  6. BoxingPurest

BoxingPurest Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2019
    If you comparing GGG's efforts to Jacobs against Canelo lol you have to be joking GGG tried and did win the first fight and lost the second,, But he tried to win,, Jacobs did not against Canelo! I don't know why so many fans wanna defend an open drug cheat in Canelo who is a dirty as they come?? Please tell me how a guy can get caught with PED's and yall still support the man come on! Its sad!

7. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I agree Canelo put Danny into his shell but at the same time, Hurd ain’t countless amount of punches from J rock he didn’t suddenly shy away from the battle, it’s a mentality some fighters put it all on the line some don’t, against GGG, Danny did that but against Canelo it feels like he was content on collecting his big payday and saying hey I didn’t get knocked out. Doesn’t mean Danny is a coward, just means he fought a safe fight that’s all.

Badbot likes this.
  8. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Jacobs fought a safe fight for a reason. Different styles at work there as well. Hurd-Williams was at close range. So one is more likely to let their hands go if the know the opponent will be there. The philosophy of "hit them anywhere" does work.
    But if your opponent is constantly out of range and making you miss. Well thats a whole other issue.

Jacobs fought in the way he knows how to and wasn't able to adapt. I can´t remember him ever pressuring anyone in the style of Hurd. Or pressure someone in general. He has always been a boxer first.

9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    If you can’t use your advantage at all against a guy who you have at least a 4 inch height advantage on then I don’t know who you can use it on. If you can’t hit his head go for his body. He let himself down with that performance, I’ve noticed Danny has concentration issues, he has good individual attributes but doesn’t quite put it together imo.

Badbot likes this.
  10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Surprised to see it did that amount. Thats huge.

Danny Jacobs vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko did only 500k.

Spence vs Peterson - 700k
    Spence vs Brock - 337k

11. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    He definitely seems to get flustered or something like that. He has those lapses.
    And how do you use a height advantage? Besides head movement?

And when it comes to body shots, he did do it. But again; Canelo is a good counter puncher. Jacobs looked absolutely confused in the first half of the fight. He landed some nice body jabs and counter hooks, but that was the extent of it. It was only after Canelo fatigued that Jacobs found more openings.

I said it a while back; Jacobs is never going to KO a top contender at 160. He has the power, but it's something about the way he fights. Quilling was the only one he KO'd, and he is known for chin issues.

jmashyaka likes this.
  12. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    You have to use your feet, Lara put the blue print out on how to beat Canelo, you have to make him move. He has slow feet and he will always have stamina issues, I know it’s not as easy as it sounds coz Canelo is very talented fighter but first half of the fight frustrate him by sticking and moving, keep that jab on him like GGG and make him have to come to you, once it hits the second half and he slows down you have to then step towards him and hope he will be less active. Jacobs coach Rozier is very good, Danny just hasn’t got the IQ to make use of the instruction, if you put Wards IQ or concentration skills into Jacobs body he would beat Canelo imo or at least lose contraversial as Canelo is notoriously to beat on the cards.

Jacobs won’t ko any top contender, he has the power but he doesn’t know how to set it up.

Badbot likes this.
  13. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Haven't heard that phrase in a while. Right On!!!!

14. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    However I would not bank on the "Lara blueprint" anymore, that fight was 5 years ago. And Alvarez has most definitely improved since that time.
    This content is protected

Just look at his footwork and head movement and compare those to the Jacobs fight.
    Against Lara, Alvarez would basically walk, set himself and then punch. Again; walk, reset and punch. And he didn't really show any head movement besides leaning on his left leg to set up the left hook.

Against Jacobs, Alvarez came out extremely active. He was constantly changing his guard. Leaning left and right, feinting and most importantly - he was moving! He wasn't standing still like he did with Lara.

Alvarez has progressed marvelously through the years.

jmashyaka likes this.