Hypocrisy of Loma fans

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Ogdoad, Dec 13, 2018.

1. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I've noticed a bit of hypocrisy with some of the Loma fanboys on this forum. We have members who trashed Pedraza's skill level and ability after Gervonta Davis destroyed him. But now all of a sudden they are claiming Pedraza is a top notch operator, in defense of how Lomachenko looked last Saturday. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    But... but... but... power isn't everything... Skeeellllzzz. Shut the **** up, you're just as big of a hypocrite as the people you're calling out.

3. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I knew your hypocritical ass would be one of the first to respond. :lol: You always get bitchy when someone calls out anything having to do with your preferred boxers.

Boxingfan200 likes this.
  4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Answer my post, when did you become a fan of mindless plodding KO machines all of a sudden, Mr. Rigo lover?

tinman likes this.
  5. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I won’t say Loma fans, I would say Loma fan boys. A lot of the fan boys are now saying people are being to harsh on Loma what they don’t understand is when you say someone is the best fighter of all time and they struggle in two fights you are gunna get heavy criticism.

I don’t believe Loma deserves because he actually understands he is human and will have good performances and not soo good performances but the main thing is you win. It’s a shame coz the guy is a huge talent and rather than just enjoy him we were forced to hearing all this crap about matrix and how he is greatest thing since sliced bread when he hasn’t shown that in the pro ranks. Of course he is an ATG level amateur however.

6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    For the record, I've been high on Pedraza for years on here, so high in fact, I picked him over Davis when the fight was announced, with supreme confidence, and had Pedraza fought every round like he fought the 5th, he would have won. But he chose to slug with a slugger, and even then it took 7 round from this supposed savage KO artist to finally KO an incredibly durable weight drained Pedraza. So no hypocrisy from me whatsoever, I also defended this fight when it was made a few months back, saying what a quality operator Pedraza is.

dealt_with, BoxingABC1, BCS8 and 2 others like this.
  7. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Like who? Names...

& he looked good on Saturday so I don't see your point.

dealt_with, JacK Rauber and CST80 like this.
  8. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Do you realize fans, from all fighters, say different things, even contradicting what other fans say? So this is just another whiny 'fans said this...' thread.. great, we always need more of these

lighteningjab, CST80 and radupidu like this.
  9. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    It pains me to say this, but I think Lomachenko has lost a step. He's 30 years old.

10. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    yeah i agree with you here buddy.

some of opponents seems to fight better against the top opposition (like they find a third wind) and then get levelled by someone who isn't as skilled.

11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Here's my post from the RBR for Twink vs Pedraza

Now as you can see I didn't know much about Pedraza at the time and I'm pretty sure it was the first time I'd seen him fight and if it wasn't I would've only seen a round or 2 of him before that which I don't think is the case because I certainly don't remember it and I'd never mentioned his name on here before prior to his fight against Twink.

So even though I didn't know anything about him I still thought he fought a dumb fight, which he clearly did and you don't need a discerning eye to see that - even Mr Eat Leather Froch criticized his tactics.

And as you can see I gave Twink credit for his win.

The Beltran fight was the second time I saw Pedraza in action (or as I explained it might have been twice but I have no recollection of the other time if I did) and he employed a different game plan in that one and actually used his brain and displayed considerable skills, skills which hitherto I had not seen before which I was not only surprised to see he possessed but it made me wonder why even more why he fought like he did against Twink, now knowing that he actually had the tools in his locker to not have to do so.

I also said that Pedraza was too talented and skilled not to have some success against Loma, something which I certainly would not have predicted had I only seen his fight against Twink.

In case you're levelling this accusation at me which I do hope you're not

dealt_with, BCS8, CST80 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Who has said that? His promoter & a few trolls trying to get your back up :lol:

He can't be the best of all time because that term is immeasurable in itself with too many variables & he also turned pro later than most to put together a resume that stacks up to say a SRL or a Pac. He doesn't really have those ATG great fighters around him either now, Garcia may end up being one.. & maybe a couple of other's around those weight classes, who knows. Both he & his contemporaries are still forging there own paths & it will only really be right & proper to evaluate them with past fighters when they themselves have retired. All we can fairly do now is we can compare what he's done so far to what others did in 13 fights.

I do think he's he best right now though. That's the only thing that he can be, all else is beyond his control & time period. He'll be viewed correctly when he's retired.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  13. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    In regards to Pedraza when the fight between him and Tank happened I picked him because I thought if he could box and use his feet he would be able to maybe catch tank who at the time had fought no one. However Pedraza fought using one of the most dumbest game plan, he stood right in the pocket with
    Tank which was suicide. However against Loma it worked well, A. coz Loma was giving him time to work, B. lomas volume was lower than usual from what I saw and he doesn’t as hard as Tank. So I say that to say this Pedraza and Linares didn’t fight way better than usual imo,it’s just a style thing, I think Salido would have knocked out the Linares that Loma fought just coz of the styles match up, same with Tank.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  14. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    31 in feb. lots of fighters with much shorter careers have been shot by this age. i will wait to see how he looks in the next fight before discounting injury related effects.

15. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Pedraza would never beat Tank. Tank is on a different level. He was taking a breather in the 5th.

22JM likes this.